Inlet Sleeve

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Anybody know of a company that is manufacturing an inlet sleeve for the Ford GT? I am in the midst of modding my car, and need to get my hands on a sleeve ASAP to stiffen the inlet tube. I just called Accufab, and they won't have anything ready to sell for another week or so. If anyone here knows of a company that can provide me one fast, please advise. Thanks for your help.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Clax

Accufab is making one !!!

AMB

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
I know, but I need it immediately.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Two place you can check are -
Kinectics Speedshop www.kineticspeedshop.com in north Atlanta (ask for Tim Olsen in parts) or Bob Ida at www.idaautomotive.com

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Guys the inlet sleeves are in and we can ship today. Also in is the first batch of Accufab 75 mm throttle bodies. We filled a couple backorders today and have about 100 pcs of each on the shelf now.

We will post some pictures of both parts on the site as soon as possible once our banner ad is activated.

Thanks

John

Accufab Inc
909-930-1751
Accufabracing.com

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Do you also have the blower snouts available and the tune?

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Accufab said:
Guys the inlet sleeves are in and we can ship today. Also in is the first batch of Accufab 75 mm throttle bodies. We filled a couple backorders today and have about 100 pcs of each on the shelf now.

We will post some pictures of both parts on the site as soon as possible once our banner ad is activated.

Thanks

John

Accufab Inc
909-930-1751
Accufabracing.com

That's good news. What is the price?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Accufab Also in is the first batch of Accufab 75 mm throttle bodies. [/QUOTE said:
What are the advantages of the throttle body?

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
I can address some to the questions. The polished, billet throttle body is $629.99 and the Inlet Support is $119.99. John is still working on pricing (and availbility) for some of the other components.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Accufab said:
I can address some to the questions. The polished, billet throttle body is $629.99 and the Inlet Support is $119.99. John is still working on pricing (and availbility) for some of the other components.

Your entry says home of the ..... modular engine.

I was looking at Ford crate motors today and saw modular engines. Forgive my stupidity, but was is modular compared to a regular engine?

:confused

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
The modular engines started with the 4.6 engine in 95-96, the 5.4 is just a 4.6 with a taller deck. the older engines 289, 5.0, 351, 42?, 390, etc are not "modular"

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Modular is just a marketing term Ford uses for it "newer" (overhead cam) V engine blocks that share many design elements. V6, V8 and V10 are made by tacking on 2 more cylinder sections of the module block design.

BlackICE

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Just got back home from picking up my INLET SLEEVE and 75mm TB for my 06 GT. EVERYBODY that has a GT needs to install this INLET SLEEVE, as the STOCK one COULAPES when HOT !!!

AMB

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
OK, where's the pictures of the new sleeve?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
They are installing one on my car as we speak. I will snap a few pics tomorrow if all goes well! :thumbsup

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
AMB said:
Just got back home from picking up my INLET SLEEVE and 75mm TB for my 06 GT. EVERYBODY that has a GT needs to install this INLET SLEEVE, as the STOCK one COULAPES when HOT !!!

AMB

You need a bigger air inlet to correct the air starvation problem. The sleeve insert is a band-aid not a fix of the problem. Treat the root cause and not the symptom.

Dave

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
barondw said:
You need a bigger air inlet to correct the air starvation problem. The sleeve insert is a band-aid not a fix of the problem. Treat the root cause and not the symptom.

Dave

I respectfully disagree with this. The supercharger determines how fast the air comes into the engine. The inlet provides a fixed cross section area for the air to travel through. No matter how large the airbox is, the inlet tube cannot allow more air through.

There is not an air starvation problem, there is a problem with handling the force of air transfer. As the force increases, the vacuum force on the tube increases, thus causing the collapse.

Dyno tests with these mods have proven that there is more than adequate air available for the car to run efficiently.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Clax said:
I respectfully disagree with this. The supercharger determines how fast the air comes into the engine. The inlet provides a fixed cross section area for the air to travel through. No matter how large the airbox is, the inlet tube cannot allow more air through.

There is not an air starvation problem, there is a problem with handling the force of air transfer. As the force increases, the vacuum force on the tube increases, thus causing the collapse.

Dyno tests with these mods have proven that there is more than adequate air available for the car to run efficiently.

As you said we will disagree. Air starvation is a problem.

Dave

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
My thoughts on the subject:
Everything up stream of the supercharger is under vacuum (just as with a normally aspirated engine). However at high rpm on our car the vacuum is very high. So high that it is collapsing the inlet sleeve. This is due to the fact that the two snorkels going from the air cleaner box to the clamshell are undersized (as the condition still exists without an air filter). The situation is even worse for those that have installed a smaller pulley on their car.
This is not an unusual situation. Many forced fed (turbo and supercharger) engines show signs of this when the engine and turbo or supercharger are modified with no change to the air inlet system (air cleaner itself and the diameter of the air inlet tubing).

Installing a stiffer or billet inlet sleeve does nothing to solve the root cause. This just covers up the problem.

While the HP and torque differences may not be significant one might see differences on a dyno before and after the air cleaner box modification. For example the HP or Torque curve may smooth out or if the OE restriction was large enough in stock condition then more air may be available to the engine at high rpm and it might show up on the dyno air fuel ratios. Careful testing will determine to what extent the air cleaner restriction is affecting the engine.

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
In very simple terms, there is LESS than 1" of vacuum behind the throttle body on the GT even at the 18 psi level. This has been verified on my airflow bench as well as the dyno and the track.

The size of the inlets on the car and airbox are more than adequate to support 800 rwhp all day long. Again, I have airflow tested all of the components of the air box, with and without filters, with and without air inlet tube, as well as both sizes of throttle bodies.

And airflow did NOT change with K&N style filters.

The root cause is very simple. The durometer of the rubber hose is simply too soft and unsupported. It works fine when it is cold and that's about it.

The airbox assembly flows over 1300 cfm with stock airfilters installed. There is no cause for concern regarding airbox size or design.

Best regards,

John