Injector Problems

GT Mo

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2009
Glenelg MD
Has anyone had any fuel injector problems or failure due to the Ethanol in the gasoiline, I have heard that it causes premature failure.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Has anyone had any fuel injector problems or failure due to the Ethanol in the gasoiline, I have heard that it causes premature failure.

There was one owner that had a stuck fuel injector that resulted in flames out the exhaust pipes and a melt down of the entire rear fascia.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
There was one owner that had a stuck fuel injector that resulted in flames out the exhaust pipes and a melt down of the entire rear fascia.

Was that pblm actually boiled down to the use of ethanol laced gas, Clinton? I don't recall at all...

But regardless, don't 'stations in all states have this or that degree of ethanol content in the gas they sell these days?:shrug Certainly stations in Cali do, (I think it's 6% now...and 'will go to 10% next year) and no rash of Cali 'Forum members have reported injector pblms that I can recall. So, I'd hafta go with "no", Mo. (no pun intended)

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I have not heard of a premature injector failure....

but then I use the blue gas..........:rofl

Mase

GT Owner
Dec 23, 2006
Jacksonville, Florida
I have not heard of that failure before. Now what can happen, when you start using higher contents of alcohol, it can start to clean off deposits left from older gasoline, and can clog the system (I wouldnt suspect that to happen except on an older vehicle). On vehicles where we switch over to e85, we always change the fuel filter after a couple hundred miles of initially switching over.

We have yet to see any problems on newer cars w/ the higher content ethanol fuels.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
California Ethanol %.

Certainly stations in Cali do, (I think it's 6% now...and 'will go to 10% next year)

Gentlemen,

California and Arizona gasolines have contained 10% ethanol during the six winter months and no ethanol during the six summer months for several years now. The winter blend containing 10% ethanol reduces fuel mileage by 3% to 4%. :thumbsdow

Chip

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Sunoco up here sells 94 with up to 10 % ethanol since 1996. I only use this in all my High performance cars and have no problems at all!!