Inadequately researched article attempts to attack success of Ford GT

Modo1

GT Owner
Aug 16, 2006
Have you seen the article posted by Tom Evans on MSN UK NEWS on the 21March 07? Mr Evans claims that the FGT is one of the super cars that failed. Mr Evans where the hell do you get your facts from I wonder ? What is your credentials? Have your ever driven the FGT properly?? All I can say to this idiot is that I happen to have a few top supercars which includes the FGT. The new FGT is by far a master piece in every possible way. Mr Evans I'll race you with my FGT any where at any time. May be than you will stop talking from your back side mate.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Just another clueless putz that needed to fill some type space.:thumbsdow

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
That article was a bunch of uneducated Crap!

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
anyone have a link to the story?

2005FordGT

Ford GT. It's The One.
Aug 8, 2005
New York

Last edited:

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
Well I guess its a complete failure. Ok guys start selling them now before the market for the gt crashes. I'll take them off your hands for a good price.:willy :cheers

Its funny, I have two of the cars on that list, and everytime I take either one them out, I get nothing but compliments.

Ford gt
and the Z8.

Might I add the Z8 has the most beautiful interior on any car, in my opinion.

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
eheh..yapper with the syringe poetic to my daughter's cat/dog Todd :cheers

As far as the limey bone smoker's remarks, just goes to show that the rising sun fell on the British Empire's foggy gloom almost as long as it took this kook to pull a hemoroid out of his arse on primal FGT issues :thumbsup

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
BTW...Kave Z8 = AWESOME :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Well I guess its a complete failure. Ok guys start selling them now before the market for the gt crashes. I'll take them off your hands for a good price.:willy :cheers

Its funny, I have two of the cars on that list, and everytime I take either one them out, I get nothing but compliments.

Ford gt
and the Z8.

Might I add the Z8 has the most beautiful interior on any car, in my opinion.

My GTs and my Z8 are the only cars in my collection that will never be sold. Now if I can just find a good deal on a Testarossa and a Pantera :thumbsup

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Well, from reading the article, Tom is dealing with OLD information about the A-arm recall and drained batteries.

From the bio side: Current Car: Peugeot 406 HDi. "I used to have an MX5, honest, but the baby overruled things…" All-time favourite car: Original Jaguar XK8 Convertible. "Still gorgeous, even 10 years after launch. The new one ain't too shabby either…"

The article says "you can email Tom direct on tomev@microsoft.com".

I think somone needs to take Tom for a ride. He also needs to know that when you do research about a topic, you should do some of your own work and not pick up outdated information and erroneous data.

Tom - if your out there - you missed the mark. Go for a ride and then write.

I will wait for your updated article - no apology needed, just set the record straight.

Oh ............. and he owns a Peugeot ........ not that there's anything wrong with that :biggrin (seriously, can't be a snob).

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I think somone needs to take Tom for a ride.

'Good idea. Sumbuddy give Guedo a call...:devil

2005FordGT

Ford GT. It's The One.
Aug 8, 2005
New York
I emailed him for the heck of it:biggrin

If he replies, I'll be sure to post his reply here:cheers

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Poor guy is lacking a brain. His head is full of :bs

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Well, from reading the article, Tom is dealing with OLD information about the A-arm recall and drained batt

The article says "you can email Tom direct on tomev@microsoft.com".

I think somone needs to take Tom for a ride. He also needs to know that when you do research about a topic, you should do some of your own work and not pick up outdated information and erroneous data.

Tom - if your out there - you missed the mark. Go for a ride and then write.

I will wair for your updated article - no apology needed, just set the record straight.

Oh ............. and he owns a Peugeot ........ not that there's anything wrong with that :biggrin (seriously, can't be a snob).

I learned a long time ago when I copied someones paper to at least copy the SMART guys paper. That counts clarkson out

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
:thumbsup

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Now if I can just find a good deal on a Testarossa and a Pantera :thumbsup

Maybe we can find a package deal - you take those two and I'll take that crappy XJ220 and the Buggati. We'll need to fight for who has to take that POS FGT :rofl

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
ASGT, I agree with you. Tom needs to do a better job researching his subject matter. For example, Jeremy Clarkson also takes back his GT and praises it on one of his later episodes..a point Tom does not make. As for the quality issues, hell we know it has its share, but they aren't show stoppers as far as I am concerned. Strictly objective observation of course...

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Clarkson has some issues with his security system and the car is a failure.

Do I sense a little bit of Euro envy?

There is no car in the world that can be so easily hp upgraded, from 550 to 650 to 750 to 1000. I'm sure that all of the English cars like, like, like, like ahh, ahh, ahh, well something, like well, I can't remember right now, but I'm sure I'll remember later that can match the GT.

Wait for a few months and the GT will beat the Veyron, and any other car in top speed and acceleration. I can go on, maybe later.

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
Maybe we can find a package deal - you take those two and I'll take that crappy XJ220 and the Buggati. We'll need to fight for who has to take that POS FGT :rofl

:willy :willy :willy

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Sent this morning:

"Hi Tom

I was interested to read your article about the 'Top Ten Failed Supercars'.

I am a little unclear how the owner of a 100 BHP diesel Peugeot is qualified to provide a meaningful commentary on supercars. That aside, I'd be interest to know how the GT was a 100% sales success if it is, as you describe, a failed supercar. It was a limited production run, low volume, handbuilt car that sold out. Used examples are in very short supply and, of course, retain their full value, I don't expect this will be the case for long and that higher than original pricing will happen - a classic supply and demand curve.

Most owners aren't selling - despite the offers. I wonder why?!

If I ever find that I need to research the purchase of a car for my elderly mother - I'll be sure to check out your editorial. Research for my personal cars will probably involve reading something from a more knowledgeable source.

N"