In the flesh 2010 Mustang

H

HHGT

Tonight I saw a 2010 Mustang with Michigan Manufacturer Plates on it. The color was almost a Grabber Blue. The car had very nice lines all the way around with the exception of the back end by the tail lights, they swept down too much (at least in my opinion). It will probably grow on me given enough time. The signals were sequential, meaning they start the blink in the center and go to the outside, reminiscent of the 68 Mustang California Special. The front of the car was very aggressive. All in all it was well designed. Not sure what the GT500 presence will look like, but Bravo Ford.:cheers

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
There were several of the new Mustangs at Cs&C this past weekend (new colors not seen before)....as well as a Bugatti Veryon, Tesla (really cool actually), and the new Ferrari California (looks like a super model with a fat butt).

Where were ya buddy??

JSalomon brought his Black on Black on Black on Black on Black on Black on Black on.......did I mention it was Black??? ..........Super Snake. Very sinister looking.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Gt500

Was at a Shelby rally this weekend in Indiana and Ford (Jamal's team) brought down 3 2010 GT500's, Red w/silver stripes, black convertible; Red w/white stripes coupe and Black with black stripes coupe.

All were awesome and created a great buzz among the fans.

At the post rally dinner, Dean Nowicki discussed the evolution of the 2010 GT500 and Rob Gelardi discussed the interior design of the car for which he was responsible. After the dinner they canvassed the group to see what future "things" the Shelby crowd would like to see in vehicles of the future. Ford listens....and cares as was apparent during the presentation.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
On the plus side, some people at Ford have finally blabbed what alot of the internets have known forever, and next year the Mustang GT gets a new 5.0L 400hp V8. With a 300+ weight advantage, the Mustang should be significantly faster than both the Camaro and the Challenger.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes they are "out there" saw a vert this am and a few last week. Saw my 1st Camaro last week too......

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Mustang does it.

On the plus side, some people at Ford have finally blabbed what alot of the internets have known forever, and next year the Mustang GT gets a new 5.0L 400hp V8. With a 300+ weight advantage, the Mustang should be significantly faster than both the Camaro and the Challenger.

Gentlemen,

This month's Motor Trend magazine does a fairly detailed comparison between the Camaro, the Challenger, and the Mustang. Giving up 111 hp to the Camaro, the Mustang is only 2/10 of a second slower zero to 60 and 0.5 seconds slower in the quarter mile. The track pack equipped Mustang with 19 inch wheels handled significantly better than either of those competitors boasting higher lateral cornering forces, and faster figure 8 and slalom times. The weight advantage of the Mustang is huge. Adding almost 100 hp to Ford's already competitive pony car will give it class dominating performance.

My 2007 Mustang GT (Shelby GT) is equipped with a Whipple supercharger giving it 500 hp. It's power to weight ratio and great handling make it an absolute giant killer. Once a Ford racing 600 hp Whipple supercharger kit is added to next year's 5.0L Track Pack equipped Mustang GT, its performance will annihilate almost everything on the road including the GT500.

The horsepower of my GT500 is close to the horsepower of my Shelby GT, but the much better weight distribution of the Mustang (Shelby) GT makes it much easier to get the power to the ground.

Before the fuel economy Nazis extinguish the amazing muscle cars we enjoy today, every hard-core auto enthusiast needs to put one more in their garage to savor from time to time when he tires of driving his government mandated turbo/econo-boost/hybrid to a socialized medical appointment.

There is seldom anything wrong with the man's attitude that 500+ horsepower won't remedy.

Chip

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Agreed. Honestly, to me, the GT500 is a hard sell next year. It will also be improved, but nowhere near as notably or significantly as the regular GT. GT will be way cheaper, lighter, and have an all new engine. I do love the way the GT500 looks though.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
i believe the 2011mustang gt will be the car to have!

i would probably choose the n/a route though. a dohc 5.0 with heads, long tubes, and a couple of high lope(muscle car sound) cams should have it easily running 400-450rwhp. add a good adjustable suspension(frpp, or griggs) and your good to go!

3500lbs with about 500 crank horsepower could cheer anyone up on a sunday drive!:cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Anybody still pushing for the GR-1?

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
i believe the 2011mustang gt will be the car to have!

i would probably choose the n/a route though. a dohc 5.0 with heads, long tubes, and a couple of high lope(muscle car sound) cams should have it easily running 400-450rwhp. add a good adjustable suspension(frpp, or griggs) and your good to go!

3500lbs with about 500 crank horsepower could cheer anyone up on a sunday drive!:cheers

Hell, ANY GT 500 is the car to have. I LOVE Ford these days!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Dave,

Will the 5.0 have direct injection?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Anybody still pushing for the GR-1?

Would you try making a business case for a $200k, 3600 lb 650hp blown V8 when there are people in Washington mandating a fleet average of 40 mpg for passengers this very afternoon? :lol

H

HHGT

How about a GR1-Hybrid...Supercharged and Twin Turbo Hybrid...

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
How about a GR1-Hybrid...Supercharged and Twin Turbo Hybrid...

You really have something there!!!