Immediate Buyer of NEW 2006 Ford GT

PCC

Aug 3, 2007
New Jersey
Wanted - New 2006 Ford GT -Heritage, Red or Black - all options-msrp price paid.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Good luck, but I believe the msrp days for new GT's are long gone.

closeshave

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 13, 2007
London/ Peoria Illinois
Good luck, but I believe the msrp days for new GT's are long gone.

Agree, if you have a new GT you would have to be crazy to let it go for msrp.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
well since kelly book is 15k above sticker .... you'd be an(edited by bony)moron.:lol

There seems to be little effect "minor" miles has on KBB value. Normal mileage is 12k a year and few of these cars have that many on them after several.

PCC ... buy one with a few miles on it with a pre-purchase inspection and just enjoy the car. If you want a new one ... pay the premium ... thats what it costs to sit and wait some times. Bite the bullet and deal with it. (sorry to sound so blunt but, this is not a car to haggle over a few k ... unless your looking to flip the car. then . ..... well I'll keep that for myself)

S

Last edited by a moderator:

PCC

Aug 3, 2007
New Jersey
Just a few days ago I read on this site that a 06 FGT Heritage did in fact sell for MSRP and with only 2 miles on it.

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Try to find someone at a dealer who will do a search for you. I had one about a month ago and it showed 51 dealers with new 06 FGT's showing in their inventory.(Definitely can't afford one, just curious) Some may not be for sale but at least you will know which dealers to call and see what kind of price you get.

closeshave

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 13, 2007
London/ Peoria Illinois
Just a few days ago I read on this site that a 06 FGT Heritage did in fact sell for MSRP and with only 2 miles on it.

Arguably the last deal of its kind, IMHO even then that car was sold too cheap. Some dealers have decided to keep cars as an investment. Look at the prices of old muscle cars. These cars are going much the same way. Up. Get one while you can.

PCC

Aug 3, 2007
New Jersey
I would love to have the car, but at the right price. Just saw preview of new 08 Viper's, they are out any day and they are smokin for half the $.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I would love to have the car, but at the right price. Just saw preview of new 08 Viper's, they are out any day and they are smokin for half the $.

Does it have the heritage?
Does it have the look?
Does it have the exclusivity of not being produced again?
Does it qualify as a supercar?
Does it have the power behind the driver?

Ah yes the Viper is half the $

Don't get me wrong the Viper is a beutiful car but it cannot be compared eye to eye with a GT. You may very well find a GT at sticker, and I hope you do because if you buy one you will not be disappointed.
One more thing to consider is the price of Vipers is not going in the same direction as the price of GTs.

My .02 worth

closeshave

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 13, 2007
London/ Peoria Illinois

You might find one you never know. When someone wants out it CAN happen. I would have thought a brand new GT in the wrapper would now be worth 200k plus now. I know of a dealer that wants 250K for one. The Viper may well be your answer. Or a used GT, personaly I only buy new. However I bought a GT with a few hundred miles on it. Its pretty much like new. Good luck in finding a car.

Naples GT

Heritage GT Owner
May 8, 2006
Naples, Florida

Ah yes the for sale post that wont die :lol

That was 3 months ago...and I was the lucky guy to get there first and buy it.

There were 2 brokers that had the car sold for well over MSRP and they were right behind me.
Glad I got there first because the car was for me.

I think a Heritage at MSRP is going to be harder than another color not only because it was the only Limited Edition (300 cars) but because one with 6,000 miles just sold to a dealer for $170K. That puts a new Heritage (1,000 miles or less) at well over sticker.

*Edit*

I just found the 6,000 mile car on ebay for sale... $2,000 over MSRP, the dealer paid $170K.
(remember that car does not have the painted caliper option)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...002QQitemZ120148247114QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Last edited:

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona

There were 2 brokers that had the car sold for well over MSRP and they were right behind me.

I think a Heritage at MSRP is going to be harder than another color not only because it was the only Limited Edition (300 cars) but because one with 6,000 miles just sold to a dealer for $170K. That puts a new Heritage (1,000 miles or less) at well over sticker.

I saw the pics of your car in your post. Very beautiful car. Some don't get the heritage paint scheme. Imo, it is the only way to go if you can find/afford one. You were indeed lucky to get to it first. Enjoy.

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
It sold for $161k not $170k

*Edit*

I just found the 6,000 mile car on ebay for sale... $2,000 over MSRP, the dealer paid $170K.
(remember that car does not have the painted caliper option)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...002QQitemZ120148247114QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

That is my old GT on Ebay, for the record it didn't sell for $170k, it went for $161k. The buyer (Shelby) is a true gentlemen, but he did the buy it now at $170k to seal the deal. Our negotiated price was $161k if the car was paid for within 24 hours. Shelby wired me all the money as agreed, the car sold for the discounted price. If I would have had to wait for the $$, I would have changed my mind.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Good luck finding your car. I searched every completed transaction and finally pulled the trigger on a new in the wrapper two option Black GT, which was exactly what I wanted. I figured I had about 1 hour to make up my mind, before someone else would take the deal. I know without a doubt, I would have regretted it. If you look hard enough, you may likely find what you are looking for. In the wrapper at MSRP today though, that will be a very very tough search.

Personally, if you are really into the GT, do what you can to get it. It is worth it. This past week at the National Rally will always be fondly remembered by me.

I had high expectations for the GT. My first exotic. And everything has been exceeded. Not only the car itself, but the people.

I do hope you find what you are looking for. Nothing wrong with a Viper at all. I got the deal I was looking for on the GT, and it was a very good one. But, if absolute price had made the decision for me, I would be driving around in a Z06 today. Nothing wrong with that either. But I love my GT and have never looked back.

Last edited:

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
PCC ... KBB has the car 15k over msrp. I once bought a 66 GT 350 in prime shape for 3500.00. The owner thought it was "just an old mustang". Deals happen ... but you can wait your entire life for it to or you can make it happen. Find a car you want then negoiate the best price you can ..... bite the bullet and join the club. If money is an issue then the viper might be a car for you. its an ok car .... but not in the same class. You can rationalize anything that you want to be the way you want it.....

My Heritage (1076 ... which is the only heritage that matches the JWA cars) now has 6300 miles on it. I would not take anything less than 200k for the car ... if I wanted to sell it. I don't. My point is ... there are only 300 its a sellers market not a buyers market.
S

closeshave

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 13, 2007
London/ Peoria Illinois
My Heritage (1076 ... which is the only heritage that matches the JWA cars) now has 6300 miles on it. I would not take anything less than 200k for the car ... if I wanted to sell it. I don't. My point is ... there are only 300 its a sellers market not a buyers market.
S

:thumbsup Good call Steve, I Agree with you. I am a very lucky and very proud owner of a Heritage too and I would NEVER sell mine not even for 250K. There is just nothing out there like it with the history, presence, power and soul that I would be able to replace it with. Shes a keeper. And the more people like us that own them the more they are worth :banana

Naples GT

Heritage GT Owner
May 8, 2006
Naples, Florida
S

I agree as well...

Steve what is different about your paint? Did you change it?

Tony

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I agree as well...

Steve what is different about your paint? Did you change it?

Tony

JWA GT40's ... 1074, 1075, 1076

Ford GT In Heritage ... only 1076.

that is what I meant. but you if you want to repaint one ... I have the JWA paint codes..:lol

Naples GT

Heritage GT Owner
May 8, 2006
Naples, Florida
JWA GT40's ... 1074, 1075, 1076

Ford GT In Heritage ... only 1076.

that is what I meant. but you if you want to repaint one ... I have the JWA paint codes..:lol

Oh the VIN# DOH!

I wonder what color VIN 1075 is?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Oh the VIN# DOH!

I wonder what color VIN 1075 is?

I've been told it is a red w/stripes three option car. Have not seen the car but that is what I was told.

1074 ... have no clue on color other than non-heritage.

we need a numbers registry with option list ...

S