problem is that you would at least need a new door

Watch out Mike I might come over to your house:eek :eek
When are you going to be in Ca. again ?:cheers

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Probably in mid February timeframe - need to get away as Valentine's day is coming up:lol

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I've photographed a lot of cars over the years and eventually developed a rule:

If I'm getting out of a car and shutting the door without the keys in my hand, I put down at least one window. This actually comes up a lot because with car photography I often want the parking lights or headlights on, but I don't want to kill the battery if it's a long shoot, so I have to leave the engine running.

What I'll often do is leave the window on the "back side" of the car (from my camera's position) down so I can get back in but not have the lowered window affect my photos.

Modern cars have waaaaay too many random reasons for locking themselves without any driver input. Thank god the engineers haven't (YET!) decided to give cars the power to raise their own windows, too. :willy

CSX 2104

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2006
Las Vegas
It's interesting how much force is required to manually open the door. I stopped turning my key when it started to flex. It's a real leap of faith to grasp that little extra it takes to open it doesn't break the key off in the lock.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
using the key to open the door

I was changing out my airbag on the driver side this morning due to the discoloration of the logo (spots) and I decided to test out the emergency entry system on the car now that the battery was disconnected. I tried and tried and tried (turning counterclockwise) and the door just would not unlock. Well I thought, let me look up on the forum to see if anyone else had this problem in the past and I found this thread. Presto!! The answers are right there.:banana The only thing I could add at this point is if you lean on the door just a little while turning the key it seams to work a whole lot easier. I am sure you could also adjust the latch but I just wanted to let everyone know that pushing the door in while turning made the door unlatch much easier.:thumbsup

This forum and all the members are the best:cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I was changing out my airbag on the driver side this morning due to the discoloration of the logo

Ford put a logo on the airbag? :eek :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The center cap on the steering wheel has the logo and is attached to the airbag mechanism. It is a single unit, so if your logo goes bad, you must replace the entire airbag.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The center cap on the steering wheel has the logo and is attached to the airbag mechanism. It is a single unit, so if your logo goes bad, you must replace the entire airbag.

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup