I'm in Carmel by the Sea

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Very beautiful town... We are here shooting a car campaign.. Pretty nice weather, staying at the Portola Hotel and Spa. Suggestions on where to have a nice dinner while here? Thanks

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Chart House is very nice....

Sardine Factory is classic

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Nicos and the Rio Grill are very good, Forge in the Forest is a notch down but a better bargain, Sardine Factory and the Chart House are nice but are located in Monterey over by the Aquarium about 20+minutes drive from Carmel.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
For after Dinner atmosphere and cocktail, The Hogsbreath Saloon. Owned by Clint Eastwood and very cozy.

Larry

I second Rio Grill.

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
If you go to Monterey I recommend the Fisherman's Grotto on the pier. My grandparents have been going there since the 1950s. Clam chowder and calamari all the way!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I have no problem doubling down and betting the house on the following restaurant in Carmel - Casanova's http://www.casanovarestaurant.com/:thumbsup

It is only a few steps away from the Hog's Breath Inn.

There isn't a sign out front :secret: ...................though the meal is incredible.

Take your friends and enjoy. You will always remember the experience.

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
You guys rock.... I'll let you know what the decision was and get back to you all....

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
At the Monterey races, one of the best is Tarpy's Roadhouse Restaurant - I try to eat there at least once each year..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...s+Restaurant,&hnear=Monterey,+California&z=12

Ralphie

Last edited:

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Thank you guys for all the responses, we did The Fishermans' Grotto one night as it was right next to the Hotel we were staying at. Then on my last night, 4 of us went to Casanovas and it was superb :) Only regret is that it was during work and I was not able to have that experience with my family.... thanks guys... you all rock :)

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
Thank you guys for all the responses, we did The Fishermans' Grotto one night as it was right next to the Hotel we were staying at. Then on my last night, 4 of us went to Casanovas and it was superb :) Only regret is that it was during work and I was not able to have that experience with my family.... thanks guys... you all rock :)

Awesome. Hope you liked the Grotto. I'm moving back to Cali' in a couple weeks and that's going to be one of the first places I go for lunch!

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
... and the GTs' were represented nicely :thumbsup I had a spectacular drive up the coast.... yes I took PCH through Big Sur and drove all around Monterey and Carmel by the Sea...

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 38
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 38
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 40