If you have any doubts about Shelby ......

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
You shouldn't! Talk about service after the sale. I posted on the Forum yesterday morning looking for one of the Ford trickle chargers to complete my "OEM" package of stuff for #422 which I had purchased from Shelby a couple of weeks ago. Neither he nor I realized that it was not in the black bag with the car cover. It is a small item and folks rarely use them but I just wanted it for completeness. I wasn't about to call Shelby after two weeks and complain that there was no charger especially since he had already sent me a new tire (I discovered that one had been plugged after I got home with the car and neither he nor I noticed it before). Because I was obviously being picky, I was quite happy to procure one of the chargers for myself. True to form, folks on the Forum responded quickly and within half a day I found one through FastPartsNetwork.com which is tmcphail's company - a member of this forum. All of the sudden Shelby sees the post I made, contacts me to see if I am looking for the charger with regard to the GT I purchased from him and immediately, without my asking, offers to send me one. I told him that I didn't expect that and that I had already purchased one and it really wasn't necessary. He promptly volunteered to pay for the charger I had purchased and wouldn't take no for an answer! That's what I call service after the sale and I thought you guys would enjoy hearing about it. Thank you Shelby, You're a stand up guy as far as I'm concerned! :thumbsup:cheers
P.S. here's a photo of # 422 from Shelby's website.

Attachments

• 6795_4.JPG
    6795_4.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 514

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Shelby, the Twin Turbo set up and custom paint job somehow didn't end up in my goodie bag.... Could ya check and see if they are laying around your shop?

Ooooh, I did get my ride from you...right!? :lol

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
dbtgt,

I have not personally dealt with Shelby, though he is talked about very positively for being a standup guy out here in SoCal. :thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I just feel good customer service is the right thing to do. Wether I sell a person a $20k car or a $200k car, I treat them how I would want to be treated if I was on the buying end! Hope you enjoy the car David! :thumbsup

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I just feel good customer service is the right thing to do. Wether I sell a person a $20k car or a $200k car, I treat them how I would want to be treated if I was on the buying end! Hope you enjoy the car David! :thumbsup

Thats a winning attitude right there! :thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Congrats David, a beautiful car indeed.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Tim, you need to change your list to yellow with stripe car. Every time you post I look at that with envy. you sure you don't need to adopt another kid? :biggrin I promise to even cut the grass.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Monaco greetings and 'WAY TO GO, DAVE!!

Hey, Dave!!
Greetings from Monaco and congrats on the purchase of a nice looking GT40, especially one bought thru Shelby, certainly my vendor-of-choice!
Start saving for 2010 and Monaco Historique's, F1 and the Mile Miglia. I can assure you, this adventure has been top-shelf from the get-go!
We'll down a nice bottle of AMARONE when we get to Brescia tomorrow in celebration of your new car, sort of like smashing the champers over the bow!
Best regards,
Paul

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Thanks, Paul! Sounds like you're having fun!:cheers

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You shouldn't! Talk about service after the sale. I posted on the Forum yesterday morning looking for one of the Ford trickle chargers to complete my "OEM" package of stuff for #422 which I had purchased from Shelby a couple of weeks ago. Neither he nor I realized that it was not in the black bag with the car cover. It is a small item and folks rarely use them but I just wanted it for completeness. I wasn't about to call Shelby after two weeks and complain that there was no charger especially since he had already sent me a new tire (I discovered that one had been plugged after I got home with the car and neither he nor I noticed it before). Because I was obviously being picky, I was quite happy to procure one of the chargers for myself. True to form, folks on the Forum responded quickly and within half a day I found one through FastPartsNetwork.com which is tmcphail's company - a member of this forum. All of the sudden Shelby sees the post I made, contacts me to see if I am looking for the charger with regard to the GT I purchased from him and immediately, without my asking, offers to send me one. I told him that I didn't expect that and that I had already purchased one and it really wasn't necessary. He promptly volunteered to pay for the charger I had purchased and wouldn't take no for an answer! That's what I call service after the sale and I thought you guys would enjoy hearing about it. Thank you Shelby, You're a stand up guy as far as I'm concerned! :thumbsup:cheers
P.S. here's a photo of # 422 from Shelby's website.

So Dave help me out here.. Did I miss something ??:confused or is this
GT # 2 for you?? ,Oh, I love the Blue by the way.. :thumbsup

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Yes, it's #2 - but stay tuned! :eek

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

sweet..!! I knew you would know a good car when you saw one !!...:biggrin ( say that 3 times fast )
Welcome to the Multiple GT owners club !! Or as my friends would say to the "Man You're Crazy Club " It's a addiction..

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
sweet..!! I knew you would know a good car when you saw one !!...:biggrin ( say that 3 times fast )
Welcome to the Multiple GT owners club !! Or as my friends would say to the "Man You're Crazy Club " It's a addiction..

Thanks, Brian
I'm in a 12 step program but it's not working!:lol:lol:lol:lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks, Brian
I'm in a 12 step program but it's not working!:lol:lol:lol:lol

Ok what's the secret project ... :secret:... It's to late for a GTX 1 ...:bored

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Mr. Shelby,
YouDaMan.gif

Attachments

• gt350 patch.jpg
    gt350 patch.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 138

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Something tells me DBT has a bigger suprise in store for us....... :wink

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Congrats! Looks great!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Please tell me you aren't buying a third. :willy

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Please tell me you aren't buying a third. :willy

Hmm.......:secret:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Seriously. WTF. I know what's going on here.

Fickle bunch these FGT owners.

Good choice :lol