I want a second GT am I Whacked

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I am so happy with my 06 White GT that I am considering buying a second GT in a different color. I figure the White one is my Keeper and the second one probably Red/White would be more of a driver and possibly a MOD car for the Quarter Mile Track. Do any other members feel the need for a second GT? I can buy a new 997 TT porsche when it comes out in the fall or a New Z06 Corvette, But the GT is just so Badass I can't get over it. :cheers

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Absolutely.

Unfortunately, being one of the poor boys of the group, I can't. :frown But if I could, no doubt. :thumbsup

Already have the color and options in mind. :biggrin

I'd love to have one that I could just drive, and still have a nice clean one for "future use" when the first one had seen better days.

Not looking for investment, just fun for the rest of my life.

And that is amazing for me. Never owned an exotic or supercar in my life, but this one is it. Wait, deja vu - "It's the one". Oh my God, I'm a Ford commercial............. :willy :willy :willy :willy :willy

That makes me wonder - I have never wanted an exotic until the GT (I guess it is OK to call it an exotic). From guys I have talked to, seems like other have felt the same - never had a need for Lambo, Ferrari, etc, but the GT just speaks "buy me". Anybody else feel the same?

Last edited:

Fords4life351

Permanent Vacation
Mar 22, 2006
Colton, CA
AZGT said:
Not looking for investment, just fun for the rest of my life.

that is the exact way i feel about any car of that caliber, enjoy it, dont just let it collect dust... so much more money can be made on investments other than cars. I fail to see why people do it. :bored

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
second ones

Interesting threat !

Indeed, given that the supply will run out, now is the moment to consider a second one for later or altenative use, to have a driver and a keeper...

I guess we all know what color and other scheme we would take, and most likely know there is at least one other combo that is different to the one we have, we'd equally like to have... Makes me think too, now that I read this ! :rofl

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Guys, guys, guys, ....... don't even go there.... PLEASE :ack If I start thinking that way..... OH.... I don't know. I shouldn't of read this thread. I don't know you!!!!!! PRANK CALLER!!!!! PRANK CALLER!!!!!!! :rofl

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
i've been thinking this way for several months now. i have 3 vipers for sale. 1996 GTS, 2006 FE SRT/C & a Comp Coupe. I need another GT to Mod & Play with seriously

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Well, the bug bit me...March 17 I added the Heritage to my midnight blue. One for show and one for go. Love blue....

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
2 GT's? What would you call that 'A Wealth' of GT's? 'A Clutch' of GT's?

I'm not sure I'd do it, but I can see the temptation. I tend to get a bit 'cranky' with too many cars - think I don't drive them enough etc (I never worry about depreciation). 2 GT's? Hmmmm. One for a daily driver? One for Sunday Best? Trouble is, I'd want to keep them both immaculate.

Maybe one in the house in France, one in London?

Now we're getting somewhere....!

Midnight, I'd love to see some shots of your pair together.....

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
2 GT's

Check out MB's photo gallery...

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Ah-ha... now I see!

What are the little signs you have by some of the cars? And how do you park sideways in your garage??

Pipelion

Quote from FordGT001

"I want a second GT am I Whacked?

I am so happy with my 06 White GT that I am considering buying a second GT in a different color. I figure the White one is my Keeper and the second one probably Red/White would be more of a driver and possibly a MOD car for the Quarter Mile Track. Do any other members feel the need for a second GT? I can buy a new 997 TT porsche when it comes out in the fall or a New Z06 Corvette, But the GT is just so Badass I can't get over it. "

No FordGT001,

You are quite normal. :thumbsup

You only enter "Wacked" territory if you insist on a Ford GT in not only every color, but every type within each color.

ie, red with stripes, red with side stripes, red no stripes. on and on. :cheers

"Super Whacked" is the above and a GTX1 option in every factory color and maybe a few custom colors.

Allan

"Superseded Whacked", is the above and in both years of manufacture, now that's whacked!!!! :banana

Last edited:

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Neilda...Those small signs just give a description of each car.. Big garage to turn sideways..Much fun.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Pipelion said:
Quote from FordGT001

"I want a second GT am I Whacked?

I am so happy with my 06 White GT that I am considering buying a second GT in a different color. I figure the White one is my Keeper and the second one probably Red/White would be more of a driver and possibly a MOD car for the Quarter Mile Track. Do any other members feel the need for a second GT? I can buy a new 997 TT porsche when it comes out in the fall or a New Z06 Corvette, But the GT is just so Badass I can't get over it. "

No FordGT001,

You are quite normal. :thumbsup

You only enter "Wacked" territory if you insist on a Ford GT in not only every color, but every type within each color.

ie, red with stripes, red with side stripes, red no stripes. on and on. :cheers

"Super Whacked" is the above and a GTX1 option in every factory color and maybe a few custom colors.

Allan

"Superseded Whacked", is the above and in both years of manufacture, now that's whacked!!!! :banana

allan,
you are one of a kind... :banana !!!! Are you gonna be in Wixom !? Special role, buddy...

Pipelion

Sefan,

There's even one level beyound "Superseded Whacked",

Call Ford Motor Company,....say here's
............$575,000,000.00.........and buy them all .:cheers

Allan

valart

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
Madrid, SPAIN
Now I feel much better confirming that my illness is much more common than I thought. It must be a plague or a new kind of virus.

I live in Spain now, and you can imagine how difficult is to see a real GT around here. I didn't know what color I would like most, so I decided to get them all and then decide what to do next. At this time I have four already, but Guys now I think it will even be worse to decide which ones I'll have to let go.

Pipelion

valart,

Do you realy have four? :cheers Well done.

Allan

valart

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
Madrid, SPAIN
Two arrived this week. The other two by the end of april. I'll post more pics as soon as I learn how to do it.

Attachments

• Red.JPG
    Red.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Black.JPG
    Black.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 44

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
valart said:
Two arrived this week. The other two by the end of april. I'll post more pics as soon as I learn how to do it.
Two would probably do the job for me, But have FUN with the 4 GT's.

valart

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2006
Madrid, SPAIN
I don't think I'll keep four for long. The question is which one to let go.

Pipelion

Way cool valart, :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Four is a nice Ford number! Besides Black and red, what colors are your other two?

Allan