I need to get the build info for my Dad's GT. Any help would rock.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Thanks, Jeff. I was hoping you'd come up with some more definable statistics than the assumptions that I was going under. It's interesting that the Euro company cars were not included in the published statistics. I also have a document that indicates 2,027 2005 production cars, but only gives percentages of the colors and options for each year. However, it does indicate two 2005 cars built with special paint - Sonic Blue, and Gulf Blue (a show car). I think this is the car that was repainted Tungsten to show the "new" 2006 color, and was recently returned to gulf blue by the GT Guys.

Using 2005 as the starting point, my build number on the Certificate would then seem to be in question, as I don't know when the Euro company cars were built - either before or after my build number.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I spoke with a Ford UK "corporate guy" at the Le Mans Classic in '08.

They had a "modern GT" at the race to take the "lucky ones" for thrill rides proir to the star of the vintage 24 hour race.

He said that it was the last of the 5 pool/press cars remaining in Europe. And that Ford UK had to either scrap it out or ship it back to the U.S. as it was an American spec car and not eligible to remain in Europe any longer.