I know, It's a re-post, but....

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
...it's worth it. Never out of fashion and when perspective seems lost.

http://www.richhumor.com/wp-filez/PerhapstheBestFordCommercia.wmv

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
One of, if not the best, commericals Ford ever did. :cheers

FM99

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 4, 2008
Iowa
Thanks. Very touching particularly now that the politicians seem to be trashing the country and all that made it great.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
...it's worth it. Never out of fashion and when perspective seems lost.

http://www.richhumor.com/wp-filez/PerhapstheBestFordCommercia.wmv

Excellent. Also, loving the new avatar!! :thumbsup

H

HHGT

This commercial represents the truest form of Americana. Thanks for sharing.

Next time you see a soldier, thank him/her for their service.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Why have I not seen this before? I suppose due to the length is it internet only, but what a wonderful, POWERFUL, ad. No schmaltz, no hokiness, just substance that anyone with a love for parent or child could relate to.

BTW, is the '69 a 428 SCJ car? Looked like the fake hood from my brother's Mach 1, which should eliminate the 428 (I think), but couldn't tell from the brief shot under the hood if it was a CJ or not.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Why have I not seen this before? I suppose due to the length is it internet only, but what a wonderful, POWERFUL, ad. No schmaltz, no hokiness, just substance that anyone with a love for parent or child could relate to.

It was shown on one evening as I recall on prime time (9pm). It obviously would have cost a fortune to air it on any repeated basis. Notwithstanding, I would take it a thousand times over the low-cost/low-impact internet approach. It might actually get butts in seats; the psych/demographic of the viewer of that commercial likely has more disposable $$ than websurfer dude.