I just got my unusual SVT Certificate from Ford racing?

GTViperman

GT Owner
Jun 18, 2009
Northern California
When I bought my Gt around 6 months ago I wanted to get another window sticker. My dealer could not order them any more so I found out Ford racing could issue them. So I paid for it and a couple of weeks later I got my window sticker and SVT Certificate. When I opened the packet,the window sticker reads just like my original. Here is the unusual part the Ford Gt certificate shows it was manufactured in Mark IV Red. Kind of strange since my car is Black. So after seeing this I call up SVT and tell them the details. After a couple of months of waiting, I got another packet today showing a new certificate with my car being a #1 of 1 manufactured in Ebony with a D3 color code. In a letter that came with it, it shows that this is the first and only one that they have come across with this paint build issue. They also show that the 2005 numbers will not be changed but a footnote showing that the true numbers for 2005 on the red cars will be less 1. The black cars will show 237 plus 1. Sorry for you fellow 05 black car owners for making are black cars a little more common. You red car owners got to love it though, one less red car to deal with!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nice! This is why the build numbers are only accurate to a point. It's probably 98% but there are definitely cars that show up as built one way that in fact left the factory as another. I can't remember the reasoning, but Steve Denby told me that a long time ago while he still had the XLS of all the build data, which was presumably used as the basis for the certificates.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Please give Cobrajeff all the info you can on this car's VIN number, in order for him to update the registry!

GTViperman

GT Owner
Jun 18, 2009
Northern California
Nice! This is why the build numbers are only accurate to a point. It's probably 98% but there are definitely cars that show up as built one way that in fact left the factory as another. I can't remember the reasoning, but Steve Denby told me that a long time ago while he still had the XLS of all the build data, which was presumably used as the basis for the certificates.

I just wanted to pass this information on for those who might be interested in the numbers game. I think I will not be the only one that has the paint build issue, but so far Ford says it is the only one.

GTViperman

GT Owner
Jun 18, 2009
Northern California
Please give Cobrajeff all the info you can on this car's VIN number, in order for him to update the registry!

Ralphie, I will send him an email.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
How unlucky can one person be - going from a beautiful RED to a nondescript black. So Sorry.

GTViperman

GT Owner
Jun 18, 2009
Northern California
How unlucky can one person be - going from a beautiful RED to a nondescript black. So Sorry.

LOL. I am sure I will be just fine with my plain-Jane, average, boring, hardly noticable black car.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Looks to me like there was a mixup in the printing of the SVT certificate. The info I have from Ford says this car is Black with Silver Racing stripes. I have no footnote on it regarding a color discrepancy.

regards,

Jeff

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Thanks for this info. How or maybe who exactly did you contact at SVT to get this. I'd like to do the same thing. Thanks

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...How or maybe who exactly did you contact at SVT to get this. I'd like to do the same thing. Thanks
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6902

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Thank you!

GTViperman

GT Owner
Jun 18, 2009
Northern California
Looks to me like there was a mixup in the printing of the SVT certificate. The info I have from Ford says this car is Black with Silver Racing stripes. I have no footnote on it regarding a color discrepancy.

regards,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I just emailed you the paper work I received on the certifcates and the explanation of the build color number footnotes. Let me know what you make of it.
Thanks,
Alan.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Black or Red?

Alan -

Thanks for sending the paperwork.

Typically, the "one of XXXX" number refers to the number of cars built with that particular option combination. There were only four orderable options on the GT, so "buildable combinations" (a big issue for us in the early part of the decade) were kept to a minimum. WRT your particular car, there were 25 2005 GTs built with the exact same color and option combination as yours. There were a total of 65 GTs built with that color/option combination when you add in 2006 models. Your car was built 8/08/2005, and sent to Corning Lincoln-Mercury, Corning, CA.

You certainly have a unique car with the SVT letter identifying it as "one of one" - however, until I see a copy of the Maroney with "Mark IV Red" listed on it, I don't believe it really is "one of one".

I'd keep trying the original dealer for a copy of the Maroney. I know that they will usually tell you they "can't get it", however, earlier this year I purchased a 2005 Lincoln Aviator, and was able to get a copy of the Maroney label for it (I was told two or three times it was not possible, but a persistent sales person came through for me).

regards,

Jeff

dpdive

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2009
Buffalo, NY
SVT Certificate

I also just ordered my SVT Certificate from Ford Racing. After placing the order I was told that the build number (for my 05) was 686. I find this interesting as my ROT number is 695 (all original build stickers still on windshield). The person at Ford said this discrepancy was the number of prototypes built.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
You can order the window sticker

You can order the window sticker in original form at the parts desk at your local FOMoCo dealer or you can get it online. A friend of mine sent me the link. Let me see if I can locate it and post it.
Build info somehow tends to get lost in translation. On one of our Gts the SVT certificate dates were all wrong on the build dates. I know because I was there. There are actually several "build dates" for any given car from accession to bucked to on and on. I presume that the color changes and equipment data are subject to error as well. I did laugh at the reference to a "plain jane GT". When I ordered our Heritage without the ghetto blaster speaker my dealer said I was ordering a "plain Jane". Somehow that just does not fit. KO