I have never been so happy to screw up a DR launch

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Torrie, that's just incredible! You are one fortunate guy! I would really like to see a 1/4 mile run in your car - providing they would let you run.

Steve

Me too !

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
is the video hosted anywhere else ? my computer wotn let me view ti and i cannot download ther flash player ... im going insane. can someone save it and host it somewhere else thast uses windows media player ?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
is the video hosted anywhere else ? my computer wotn let me view ti and i cannot download ther flash player ... im going insane. can someone save it and host it somewhere else thast uses windows media player ?

Outlaw,
I had the same issue at first. keep trying, might just start to work as in my case....

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
your right 360 !! i just kept trying and it finally worked ! haha

wow ! that was a close call ! how close do you estimate he was to you torrie ??

and who was driving ? you can PM me if you dont want to post it publicly

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Yikes! Is the only thing that comes to mind...glad everything turned out ok.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Oh it passed about a half car length in front of me. I watched it all happen first hand and the funny part about that is that I was not worried at all. I knew it would hook and shoot towards me so I hit the brakes.

Leland from stage 6 was the guy in the drivers seat in Joe's car right then.

your right 360 !! i just kept trying and it finally worked ! haha

wow ! that was a close call ! how close do you estimate he was to you torrie ??

and who was driving ? you can PM me if you dont want to post it publicly

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Yikes! Is the only thing that comes to mind...glad everything turned out ok.
Agreed

Last edited:

Musclecar67

Oct 29, 2006
LOL why does the camera say 2002 ... I guess it's a program error? Ah ha unless it's a time machine ?! Maybe Joes gt can do warp speed hmm... lol

Another thing, why would you let anyone, and I mean anyone drive your car... esp a 1500 hp Ford gt that cost lots $$$ and hard work. just my $.02.

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
LOL why does the camera say 2002 ... I guess it's a program error? Ah ha unless it's a time machine ?! Maybe Joes gt can do warp speed hmm... lol

Another thing, why would you let anyone, and I mean anyone drive your car... esp a 1500 hp Ford gt that cost lots $$$ and hard work. just my $.02.

That video was taken by a spectator saturday as to why the date is wrong you can inquire on his myspace.

My hands were full during that time so I cant take credit for any videos made right then ha !

Last edited:

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
sorry for posting so late on the subject but i just readit for the first time..

i believe the culprit for that misshap was very sticky not forgiving tires and the road was not as smooth as one might expect from afar it had some debris.. once the tires hooked on of a recoil if you will... the car just started turning..... these tires where very different than hoosiers they are more like drag tires .. very very soft sidewalls.... very tricky at high speed but hook even when they should not.. HEHEHEH

after that spinout the tires .. all four where seriously flatspotted giving it a descent excuse as to why tory's car on the third run passed my car driven by a guy called steve mase mason...

i believe the car runs otherwise great at its current limit of 1450 ( IT IS QUITE PEPPY)and this was a lesson learned on changing tires and practice some driving and adding equipment on a car with this kind of power ..

as to letting other people drive.. i have great joy doing it with people i trust and felt confident seing that th strip was very wide that nothing major could happen..

stay tuned for next episode... i think it will be in texas on a supra meet..... and the the texas mile...:cheers

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
stay tuned for next episode... i think it will be in texas on a supra meet..... and the the texas mile...:cheers

Joe,

Looking forward to seeing you at the Texas Mile in March.

Fred