I Have an Odd Question.

jmorken522

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Winona Minnesota
Just bought a 2009 Mustang Gt as an every day driver. I have an extra set of Stock Wheels and Tires for my FGT. Will my FGT Wheels and Tires fit on a 09 Stang GT???:willy

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Might look a little like Fred Flintstones car.:wink

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The rears would look ridiculous. I believe the front wheels would work

jmorken522

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Winona Minnesota
Ya I know, it was just a quick (no thinking involved) thought. I think the fronts will actually work but I will just have to buy 2 matching ones for the rear. I have seen the aftermarket BBS style for the Mustangs.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The GT's BBS optional wheels for the front of the GT look fantastic on all fours of a Mustang - Ford Racing had one at SAAC-32 in 2007 and it looked great. I've never seen the rears on anything but a GT.

The Standard BBS wheels (fronts) look great on Jeff's (PL510*Jeff) Focus.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I'll dissent here a bit. I have seen several mustangs with 11.5 inch rear wheels that looked great. Backspacing will determine if it will fly. Tire selection helps too.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
315 will fit perfect in the rear. however, back spacing may play a factor on the GT wheel.

you will need a adj panhard. check out BMR part # PHR006 along with their panhard relocation bracket.
http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.cfm?page=products&vehicleid=1&maincatid=21&catid=68&productid=172

i run 335/30-20 on 11.75" wheel. it fits. It looks and performs awesome.

VMP 's setup:
http://www.vmptuning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=938

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
you will need a adj panhard. check out BMR part # PHR006 along with their panhard relocation bracket.

That is great but even better, a watt's link.

That VMP link on the clearancing is a good one.

Attachments

• Watts link.jpg
    Watts link.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The Griggs suspension above is the best, and can add up big time. Another watts link that we have had success with:
http://fays2.net/

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The rears would look ridiculous. I believe the front wheels would work

Yes. I temporarily mounted the rears on my GT500 and the results were less than stellar. Maybe its just me, but the rears make the car look like Bill the Cat.

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007-1.jpg

Last edited:

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Very funny Sinovic.

I believe the offset is wrong on the GT wheel for a mustang.

From the rear picture shot, you can see how the GT wheel/tire stick out, looks like a good 1/2 inch.

I believe somebody here had to shorten the axle to make the GT wheel work on a mustang.

Thanks Sinovic, I always wonder how the GT wheel/tire looked.

BTW, how is your "blunt instrument" project coming along?

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Greg,

"Blunt Instrument" is coming along well, thanks. The axle has been reinstalled with the Steeda control arms you recommended. The rear suspension works great, although I have lower control arm relocation brackets on the way to correct the lower control arm geometry. I appreciate your helpful tips. I installed a C&R dual fan heat exchanger and a larger intercooler tank from Roush. They work extremely well. The coolant barely gets lukewarm. Next up are a 1 piece CF driveshaft and the Ford Racing Recaro seats.

I had some roll-on fun with an F430 (closed course naturally) and needless to say, the F430 driver was quite surprised. These motors are torque monsters.

I hope your GT500 is keeping you entertained as well.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yes. I temporarily mounted the rears on my GT500 and the results were less than stellar. Maybe its just me, but the rears make the car look like Bill the Cat.

The factory Panhard Bar holds the axle over to the passenger side. It was 3/8"+ on my car. An adjustable length Panhard bar or the watt's link will help this issue by centering the axle in the car and may enable those wheels to fit equally on both sides. The fenders have rolled edges so it doesn't require much to clear without rubbing. Another help may be a slightly narrower tire like a 305 or a 295.