I had an accident in my 06 is there a club or patch?

Steve Schneider

GT Owner
Dec 16, 2010
Sorry to hear about spinning I have done it easy to do, cooler temp in Toronto thought had warm tires, rear weight of engine can come around instantly, no warning, hope things work out with repair

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Yup. Completely gutted and feel like an idiot however, and thankfully, physically great. It looks like the coolers are okay and holding fluid The fins are damaged.
If you were in a hot weather area, depending on how damaged the fins were you should consider replacing. In Canada, you can probably leave then as-is.

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I always worry now that the cars are so valuable and very hard to find collision parts to repair, that someone could pull out and hit me (I always drive veryvery (yes one word) carefully until the tires are well heated because of the nightmares I have heard since the cars were new, and have felt the loose rear end many times. Hence I no longer drive my car much, just use it as garage art. (I have many other cars that I would rather wreck than my Ford!!!! (LOL)

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The reason asked about rolling backwards is because I spun mine on the track, went through about 140 degrees of rotation, and the car rolled backwards in a different direction (fortunately not towards a wall).

I followed the rule of “if you spin, both feet in,” which is supposed to lockup the wheels, so that the car just slides in the direction you were going (according to Newton). I’ve done this a handful of times in other cars with the expected results. But this time it didn’t. Instead, I concluded that the antilock brakes tried to keep the tires rolling, EVEN WHEN GOING BACKWARDS. Thus, when the wheels started rolling, The ABS caused it to shoot off in the direction the car was pointed at that time.

Anyone else had that experience with a car with ABS?

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I always worry now that the cars are so valuable and very hard to find collision parts to repair, that someone could pull out and hit me (I always drive veryvery (yes one word) carefully until the tires are well heated because of the nightmares I have heard since the cars were new, and have felt the loose rear end many times. Hence I no longer drive my car much, just use it as garage art. (I have many other cars that I would rather wreck than my Ford!!!! (LOL)
I trust you are running Bridgestones by now.