I had an accident in my 06 is there a club or patch?

I had an accident in my 06 and am going to need front end parts. Where does one find fenders, headlights, etc. who is the expert?

I had an accident in my 06 and am going to need front end parts. Where does one find fenders, headlights, etc. who is the expert?
You can try to get parts from your local Ford dealer. Some parts may be unavailable. You will have to provide at least the VIN of your car to prove that you actually own a GT. Depending on how bad your accident was, you may need to have the frame checked for straightness and the wheels checked for alignment. What is the damage? If you are looking for fenders and headlights and more, sounds messy.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I don't know where you are at in Canada, but Rich Brooks at the GT Guy in Detroit is the go to place.

Reactions: RPM217
You can try to get parts from your local Ford dealer. Some parts may be unavailable. You will have to provide at least the VIN of your car to prove that you actually own a GT. Depending on how bad your accident was, you may need to have the frame checked for straightness and the wheels checked for alignment. What is the damage? If you are looking for fenders and headlights and more, sounds messy
You can try to get parts from your local Ford dealer. Some parts may be unavailable. You will have to provide at least the VIN of your car to prove that you actually own a GT. Depending on how bad your accident was, you may need to have the frame checked for straightness and the wheels checked for alignment. What is the damage? If you are looking for fenders and headlights and more, sounds messy.
Thanks Vincent, The way I exited the road and went through the first fence did little damage. I few scuffs on the wrap. The second fence/went under the car and did very little damage. The third fence was a gate…the gate post quickly removed the front air dam, spoiler, lower lights and crushed the fibreglass bumper cover the drivers side front fender and headlight. The final fence removed the pieces that were trying to hang on. Yup, the second gear shift breaking loose on cold tires and instantly sideways nearly backwards then straightening out just in time to hook uP and launch like a rocket…so fast you can’t even think or blink is NOT a myth…

Thanks Vincent, The way I exited the road and went through the first fence did little damage. I few scuffs on the wrap. The second fence/went under the car and did very little damage. The third fence was a gate…the gate post quickly removed the front air dam, spoiler, lower lights and crushed the fibreglass bumper cover the drivers side front fender and headlight. The final fence removed the pieces that were trying to hang on. Yup, the second gear shift breaking loose on cold tires and instantly sideways nearly backwards then straightening out just in time to hook uP and launch like a rocket…so fast you can’t even think or blink is NOT a myth…

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I have an extra front bumper which I bought years ago as a spare. Believe at the time it was little over 2000k. Agree the GT guys should be your contact point. Glad you are ok.

I see you are in BC. There is a Ford dealer in Seattle who works on many GTs and seems to have a good reputation. I believe they are Bowen Scarff Ford, but I haven't dealt with them. However, if I remember correctly, Jeff here on the Forum has them maintain his 150,000 mile GT. If my info is correct, it's a lot closer than Detroit .... Maybe he will see this thread and respond to you directly.

I have an extra front bumper which I bought years ago as a spare. Believe at the time it was little over 2000k. Agree the GT guys should be your contact point. Glad you are ok.
Thanks Art, I will definitely need a bumper if your willing to part with it.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I sincerely hope the newbies here read about your experience so they understand what can happen.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
JesseP777: You didn’t mention suspension parts, but there’s a good chance some of them were damaged too. my guess is that will end up around $100K to fix. And it will take many months. I highly advise that you call The GT Guy and find out what his schedule allows. Yes, the shipping will cost a couple thousand dollars or more, but in the long run it will probably take less time and give you a better finished result. Plenty of Ford dealers have techs trained in maintaining GTs, but replacing and aligning and repainting body panels is a whole different art and craft.

I sincerely hope the newbies here read about your experience so they understand what can happ
JesseP777: You didn’t mention suspension parts, but there’s a good chance some of them were damaged too. my guess is that will end up around $100K to fix. And it will take many months. I highly advise that you call The GT Guy and find out what his schedule allows. Yes, the shipping will cost a couple thousand dollars or more, but in the long run it will probably take less time and give you a better finished result.
Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
and another question: did you end up rolling backwards through part of that sojourn?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
For example, Rich of the GT Garage repaired this yellow 05's smashed front-left quarter; the wheel broke off: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-ford-gt-37/

Check out all the pics, as far as how nice it looks repaired, but also pics 155 - 160 to see how bad the collision was.

And note that it sold for $361k even with the repair.

Good luck with yours 🍻

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I think its safe to say, no one in the entire world has repaired more Ford GT's than Rich. Zero disrespect to any quality shops out there, but I know that if I were to experience an issue that I could not deal with myself, my car would go to him. He is only a "truck ride" away.

I hoping that by the fact you are posting about this, that you physically are OK (minus the mental anguish)? The car can be fixed.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I’m curious if any of the 4 coolers sandwiched behind the bumper were damaged. I had to replace 3 of them after a previous owner bumped a curb.....because like most (all?) of these, they are built pretty flimsy to maximize heat transfer.

They were easy to find, Dan on here sold me a couple of them.

Feel really bad for you, this must have gutted you at first. Yes the cold tire issues are real. I live in Texas, but still try to get 20 minutes of heat into the tires (Bridgestone) before making a hard 1-2 shift (even with Motons).

and another question: did you end up rolling backwards through part of that sojourn?
No, it was all forward movement. No loss of fluid no airbag deployed it moves under its own power.

Reactions: 2112
I’m curious if any of the 4 coolers sandwiched behind the bumper were damaged. I had to replace 3 of them after a previous owner bumped a curb.....because like most (all?) of these, they are built pretty flimsy to maximize heat transfer.

They were easy to find, Dan on here sold me a couple of them.

Feel really bad for you, this must have gutted you at first. Yes the cold tire issues are real. I live in Texas, but still try to get 20 minutes of heat into the tires (Bridgestone) before making a hard 1-2 shift (even with Motons).
Yup. Completely gutted and feel like an idiot however, and thankfully, physically great. It looks like the coolers are okay and holding fluid The fins are damaged.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yup. Completely gutted and feel like an idiot however, and thankfully, physically great. It looks like the coolers are okay and holding fluid The fins are damaged.

It can happen to any of us. You are uninjured and you can repair the car and live to drive another day.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
A very close friend of mine hit a deer at 70mph min his '06 GT. Severe damage to the front fenders, frunk and windshield. Thankfully no one was injured except the deer. Car was shipped to The GT Guy in September last year and was returned in February, better than new. I couldn't......oops, I mean my friend couldn't be happier with the results. Rich doesn't know how to do an imperfect job.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Many of us have had this experience....glad you are ok.