I found a viper i want

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Like i need to add more.The gts are taken over the space,down to one viper.anyone know of a good trans from cal back to mass help!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Like i need to add more.The gts are taken over the space,down to one viper.anyone know of a good trans from cal back to mass help!

Drive it back! :biggrin

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Drive it back! :biggrin

I just flew down to Florida two weeks ago and drove back my 2008 SRT10 convertible (1000 miles). I enjoyed the heck out of it. In fact, as soon as I got home, I drove another 250 miles on local twisties. Drive it!!!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I just flew down to Florida two weeks ago and drove back my 2008 SRT10 convertible (1000 miles). I enjoyed the heck out of it. In fact, as soon as I got home, I drove another 250 miles on local twisties. Drive it!!!

Nice! I beat you though. I drove mine home 2400 miles. :banana :rofl

281cammer

Aug 20, 2008
I say drive it back, I used Reliable Transport when I bought mine. But on the other hand I've drove mine from NC to PA and back and was a great time!

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA

Tim,
I'm new to Vipers but after only 300 miles in the ACR, I know how special the '08's are. All is great except for the ride (I know I know it is a track car) so I'm thinking of getting an '08 convertible also. Does the vert ride a lot better? Do you intend to upgrade its shocks?
Rocman,
2400 miles in the ACR? Was your back able to handle that? Tell us more of its road manners please.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Tim,
I'm new to Vipers but after only 300 miles in the ACR, I know how special the '08's are. All is great except for the ride (I know I know it is a track car) so I'm thinking of getting an '08 convertible also. Does the vert ride a lot better? Do you intend to upgrade its shocks?
Rocman,
2400 miles in the ACR? Was your back able to handle that? Tell us more of its road manners please.

It was great. I was very comfortable the whole ride. I had my seat lowered 1" at the dealer, otherwise I would not have been as comfortable. I never scraped anything, it drove smooth and straight, and handled all the bumped very well. I personally like the ride much more than my stock 06 coupe.

WestxSRT10

Sep 16, 2008
Canyon Tx
Tim,
Rocman,

The shocks are adjustable in the 08 ACR's and the non ACR's. There are 3 adjustments on the non ACR's but from what i have read its a 4 hour job to change them so mine feels about right!

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
The shocks are adjustable in the 08 ACR's and the non ACR's. There are 3 adjustments on the non ACR's but from what i have read its a 4 hour job to change them so mine feels about right!

I can adjust the ride height, compression, and rebound on all 4 wheels in about an hour.
To do just compression and rebound adjustments, all you need is to jack up the car a little (tires doesn't even have to be off the ground) to gain clearance in the wheel well for rebound adjustment, and compression can be done with the car on the ground.
I'm pretty much settled in at 100/130MM ride height and 2 clicks from softest in both compression and rebound for front and rear for the street.
Just had a chance to open up the car a bit and the car seems to have a very good rear diff as even both of the rear tires were spinning a lot under power, the car tracked straight and true. This big engine also loves to rev. Amazing.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
It was great. I was very comfortable the whole ride. I had my seat lowered 1" at the dealer, otherwise I would not have been as comfortable. I never scraped anything, it drove smooth and straight, and handled all the bumped very well. I personally like the ride much more than my stock 06 coupe.

How do you like the 1" seat lowering kit? Does it feel solid? I'm thinking of getting it.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
How do you like the 1" seat lowering kit? Does it feel solid? I'm thinking of getting it.

I love it. I would not have it any other way. The only issue is you can not slide the seat at all. It stays in the most backed up position. In my last 06 coupe, my knee came right up to the dash. With this kit, I fit very well, and it was very comfortable driving it long distance.