I finally know what true love feels like

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
I brought my GT home a while ago but I had to leave Dubai to go back to the States and Canada for a bit and I didn’t get the GT all registered in time to drive her before I left.

I finally took her out the other night for the first time and I have to say she is like nothing I have driven before.

I also can’t believe the attention she gets over here. Ferris, lamborghinis, bentleys, rolls royces, are a dime a dozen, and they don’t even get a second look, porsches are like driving a pick up truck back in alberta. But my girl gets eyeball fu&$ed all day long.

Everyone asks about her, everyone wants to see her, I can’t drive anywhere without locals nearly running me off the rode while trying to check out the car.

I drove it too a very fancy, trendy hotel and night club/restaurant last night, far too posh for me, hell I only drive a Ford. This place get’s every exotic car under the sun, but I couldn’t believe the reaction I got when I drove up. Later, when I left the bar, the head guy from the hotel outside came up and told me he has never seen any car get so much attention, and they have all kinds of expensive cars there every night. He told me it must be a very special car and that I can come back any time I want, lol.

I also get a lot of unwanted attention from the police. The first night a cop followed me for 15 minutes then pulled me over after I had signalled and changed lanes while going the speed limit. He wrote me up for speeding, and swerving through lanes. No point in arguing with these guys though, that will just get the car impounded.

Then I got a knock on my door at 3:30 and it was the police getting me for some other made up bullsh!t. They were screaming at me like psychos and ended up putting me in the police car. I was pretty sure they were going to lock me up, but in the end I talked my way out of it and was let go at 5:30am. I got fined for a bunch of things I didn’t do. I kind of think one of the security guys knew one of these cops, since he was the one who called them and figured I would bribe them to make them go away. I’ll be having that guy sent back home in a few days after I talk to the company in charge of security.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
:eekwow thats scary stuff!

H

HHGT

Hire a political consultant and request a meeting with the local police chief, of course depending on the size of your city. Also, donations made to your local congressman with a follow up letter of complaint will always help some as well. If you are terrorizing the neighborhood, then neither will work which begs the next question. Is there another GT (or Shelby) with the same colors in the vicinity that is pissing people off?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
He is in Dubai if I remember correctly so I dont think any of the "TYPICAL" under the table stuff would apply the same way it applies here in the states.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Yes, I remember the recent case of a UK couple having sex on a beach in Dubai.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I recall SEX ON THE BEACH as a once popular cocktail... :)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It is better to be give rather than receive! :biggrin

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
It sounds like you've got the RIGHT car....in the WRONG place. BE CAREFUL!

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
It sounds like you've got the RIGHT car....in the WRONG place. BE CAREFUL!

Yeah, no kidding hey?

I have had a lot of problems in my day with police all around the world. I think I preferred when I was surrounded by angry African cops screaming while pointing sub machine guns at my head over this.

In that case it was only my life endanger but here the stakes are much higher... my beautiful baby girl could be impounded!!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I recall SEX ON THE BEACH as a once popular cocktail... :)

I can still remember high school...college too :wink

:beer2:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Glad to hear she's rolling and attracting such positive attention, but it's sad to hear about the LEO's there.

Bring her over to Alberta, we've got quite a collection between here (Edmonton), Calgary and Lloyd.

I assume you were up in the Fort when you were in Alberta?

I hope that you get many many many more miles without interference from the cops (or that security guard!! :eek). And that your GT grin, and obvious enthusiasm for the car, never subsides :cheers

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
Glad to hear she's rolling and attracting such positive attention, but it's sad to hear about the LEO's there.

Bring her over to Alberta, we've got quite a collection between here (Edmonton), Calgary and Lloyd.

I assume you were up in the Fort when you were in Alberta?

I hope that you get many many many more miles without interference from the cops (or that security guard!! :eek). And that your GT grin, and obvious enthusiasm for the car, never subsides :cheers

Thanks, I hope so too and I can't imagine my enthusiasm will subside with this one, she's definitely nothing like the other women I'm use to, haha.

This girl I met yesterday who “kept me company” for the night was joking around saying I probably wouldn’t call her again because she could see that my heart was already taken by my GT. ;)

Actually I was born in Cow Town. My family still all live there as well. I didn't realize there were so many GT's in Alberta. I saw one black GT last time I was in Calgary but that's it, although I’m rarely there anymore.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
He is in Dubai if I remember correctly so I dont think any of the "TYPICAL" under the table stuff would apply the same way it applies here in the states.

Keep lots of cash handy.

T_R_S

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2008
Keep lots of cash handy.

Yeah, I always do, if you have enough money it will get you out of anything.

I think that is exactly what these guys want, but I'm not giving in to their B.S. but if they do something crazy like try to impound it then then the fold of 1000 dirham notes might have to come out.

Last edited: