I finally fixed my clutch.

cimaxgt

GT Owner
Jun 7, 2007
I was able to locate a shop that remanufactured my clutch and assembly. Total cost $275.00. At the ford dealer, new assembly $2000.00 plus $2500.00
Under normal circumstances I would have a professional work on my car however, since I was low on cashflow, I did all the repairs my self. I spent about 20 hrs removing and Installing transmission and components.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Congratulations! You have the pride of accomplishment, you know the job was done right and you increased your knowledge of the car. Please keep us informed on how your rebuilt clutch works. I also tend to do a lot of work on my cars, not because of cost, but because I cannot stand to pay for work that is done to a lower standard than I can do it. BTY, you didn't do that bad about saving at about $211/hr NET! Given tax rates probably more than $350/hr pre-tax.

Now that you have done the job, any pointers on how to make the job easier and what to look out for.

:thumbsup

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
"THUMBS UP" ; now as for whether low on cash flow or not I simply like the fact that you got to know your gal a bit more.

Takes care

Shadowman

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Congrats ClimaxGt - Need info! Feed me Seymour! Rebuilt Clutch?

:cheers To the next 50 k miles!:cheers

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Just curious, did you come away with the feeling this car was built by man and can be repaired by man. I get the feeling too many have the idea this car is untouchable. I have been a tinkerer all my life, I think this is the ideal tinkerers car. This forum is becoming,if not already the 21st century format for the world of tinkerers.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Just curious, did you come away with the feeling this car was built by man and can be repaired by man. I get the feeling too many have the idea this car is untouchable. I have been a tinkerer all my life, I think this is the ideal tinkerers car. This forum is becoming,if not already the 21st century format for the world of tinkerers.

For those with some practical hands on mechanical experience this is a great car to work on !! The access is great to most areas. To date I've done my own axel bolt swap, Pipe swap, Pulley swap, tranny cooler, oil changes and the list goes on.. A lift is a plus.. This is half the fun of owning this car !!! :banana

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
For those with some practical hands on mechanical experience this is a great car to work on !! The access is great to most areas. To date I've done my own axel bolt swap, Pipe swap, Pulley swap, tranny cooler, oil changes and the list goes on.. A lift is a plus.. This is half the fun of owning this car !!! :banana

I'll give you A ++1 on that!

same as Brian here .... car is easy to work on once you get past the intimidation factor.

S

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005

Brian, when is the Whipple going in?

cimaxgt

GT Owner
Jun 7, 2007
I got over the intimidation after about my warranty expired.

I could not find any extended warranty that made any sense.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Brian, when is the Whipple going in?

But, Brian just did the pulley swap.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
But, Brian just did the pulley swap.
That was just practice for the real deal! Installing the Whipple now should be a piece of cake. Brian already knows what to do to remove and re-install the blower. Anyway, doesn't he have 2 GTs. He can mod the other one.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
That was just practice for the real deal! Installing the Whipple now should be a piece of cake. Brian already knows what to do to remove and re-install the blower. Anyway, doesn't he have 2 GTs. He can mod the other one.

Or Whipple one and twin turbo the other.