I could'nt take it ordered a Whipple with 22psi pulley

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I was looking for an excuse to get one. Well the other day I raced my buddy in his Noble with 500rwhp and 2300 pounds. Well he beat me by a half a car not bad considering my GT was 1000 pounds fatter. That was my excuse so I am hoping for 700 or so rwhp. That should make up that half a car!!:cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You're going to need race gas with the 22 psi pulley. Then you should be close to 800 or a little more RWHP until the IAT2 climbs too high.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
The good and bad news is I am a mile high so I figure I will loose 3psi so that should put me right at 19psi. So I hope i can use pump. If not I better go with the 21psi option.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just make sure you have a pro dyno tune it.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Just make sure you have a pro dyno tune it.

+1, thats real important, no canned tunes, make sure you dyno tune it, you also need a mafia!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I will take a canned HEFFNER, UNLEASHED, HENNESSEY tune over some of the socalled custom tunes that have produced blown engines that we have seen. Dyno numbers are just one of the issues, a smooth running FGT that does not destroy itself seems to be paramount.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I was looking for an excuse to get one. Well the other day I raced my buddy in his Noble with 500rwhp and 2300 pounds. Well he beat me by a half a car not bad considering my GT was 1000 pounds fatter. That was my excuse so I am hoping for 700 or so rwhp. That should make up that half a car!!:cheers
You might catch him on the straights but he'll murder you around the bends and on the brakes. I should know I've a Noble with a race engine in! Side by side things are just about level up to 160mph then the GT just walks away. With a sensible rev limit the Noble tops out at 180mph in 6th anyway....

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Tell me about it! Those dam things are sick around tight tracks! I am very impressed!

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I will take a canned HEFFNER, UNLEASHED, HENNESSEY tune over some of the socalled custom tunes.

You would be in the minority. How many Ford GTs have you seen blow up because of the tune?

A custom tune by a somewhat reputable tuner will provide better power figures and better driveability without sacrificing any longevity.

That being said, it would be nice if you can get one of the big guys/sponsors to dyno tune your car: best of both worlds.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
You would be in the minority. How many Ford GTs have you seen blow up because of the tune?

A custom tune by a somewhat reputable tuner will provide better power figures and better driveability without sacrificing any longevity.

That being said, it would be nice if you can get one of the big guys/sponsors to dyno tune your car: best of both worlds.

+1, unless you put the car on the dyno you'll never know what its doing. more risky that way.

avant

GT Owner
Apr 22, 2007
calgary, canada
Psi

The good and bad news is I am a mile high so I figure I will loose 3psi so that should put me right at 19psi. So I hope i can use pump. If not I better go with the 21psi option.

Yep, My 19lbs pulley only gives me 15.5lbs at 3500ft alt. I'm going to a 21lbs pulley with 91 Octane gas. The only problem I can foresee is if I travel to sea level on a road trip, any advice?

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Yep, My 19lbs pulley only gives me 15.5lbs at 3500ft alt. I'm going to a 21lbs pulley with 91 Octane gas. The only problem I can foresee is if I travel to sea level on a road trip, any advice?

stay out of peak boost on road trips :lol

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Just use your SCT tuner and have a program for sea level. Less timing and conservative tune. There are a lot of guys running the 21 at sea level. Then when you get back home reflash!

avant

GT Owner
Apr 22, 2007
calgary, canada
stay out of peak boost on road trips :lol

What! No peak boost! You're going to have me driving a Smart Car to the next Rally.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Those dam things are sick around tight tracks!

But then, so's a bicycle if the track's really, REALLY tight. :lol Jus' a lil' humor there. Ya. Darn lil'. I know.)

Hey, black', be sure you getcha a pair of r-e-a-l sticky rear meats along with that Whip. :ack (Whip. oughta make those a std. parta their install kit...)

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
A simple water or water/meth injection sytem will help with detonation suppression.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Empty pockets that is funny! But true! I am hoping my GT will have sick power with the Whipple!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Empty pockets that is funny! But true! I am hoping my GT will have sick power with the Whipple!

it will be sick power for about a week then you will used to it and want more, its never ending, hope you know what you got yourself into:biggrin

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I know that is the thing about power. Then I will have to put the twins plus the Whipple and a little shot of NOS. That should do it:cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I know that is the thing about power. Then I will have to put the twins plus the Whipple and a little shot of NOS. That should do it:cheers

Nope. THEN you'll want 'gooder' heads...and then more CUBES...and then................

(Soroush is right!!!)