HRE Wheels

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
here are the photos...they are having to remake the centers on the rear...they were against the lower rung on the springs...345/30 /19 Bridgestones rear 265/35/ 18 fronts.. rear is .50 inch lower, front 1.00 inch lower..I wanted to try to see if they would give a little more rear grip on the track..

Attachments

• GThre 003c.bmp
    14.1 KB · Views: 486
  • GThre 006c.bmp
    14.1 KB · Views: 289

Pipelion

KO,

The photos come up as thumbnails (1 inch square), need higher res. please.

Allan

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Pictures are bad and not high resolution. Please re-shoot and show MORE WHEEL! We know what the car looks like. Thanks.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ditto... not viewable./// sorry :bored

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
For some reason everytime I try and view an attachment, it says I don't have permission.

Ken

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
I had to reduce or site would not post....you can email me at kevin@kosupply.net and
i can send photos..

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
What width are the front and rear tires?
I don't think you can go much more than 12.5" in the rear without either rubbing the suspension or sticking out too far.

You have about .5" to add on the inside and about .5" on the outside. The 345/30/19 will cause the car to sit closer to .75" lower in the rear and I would think the 265/35/18 would cause the car to sit .5" lower in the front. Usually, I wouldn't recommend lowering the car this way as it throws off the speedo, etc..

Instead, you may want to consider going with the 345/35/19 Pirelli Corsa (which will be almost the same ride height as the stock tire- .2" lower) and an appropriate tire for the front.

Good luck....

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
my bad....the rears are 345/35/19 not 30 wall. The rears are being remade by HRE. They were touching the bottom rung on the spring. They will only move them out 1/4 inch. They actually sit in the wheel wells about the same as the stock wheel...when I get them back I will post new photos and by then I will have taken it to the track to see if we added any rear grip. The weight of the competition HRE's is actually lighter than the lighweight stock rim..

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
kosupply said:
my bad....the rears are 345/35/19 not 30 wall. The rears are being remade by HRE. They were touching the bottom rung on the spring. They will only move them out 1/4 inch. They actually sit in the wheel wells about the same as the stock wheel...when I get them back I will post new photos and by then I will have taken it to the track to see if we added any rear grip. The weight of the competition HRE's is actually lighter than the lighweight stock rim..
This is great, so when I order mine HRE will already have it down. Did you have the stock or optional rims?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Pics?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
And if you go IForged, they will have the sizes too. :wink
Mine will be getting fitted next week! :rofl

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Which model IForged wheels are you getting?

BlackICE

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Not sure yet. I will talk to Vince when I go and we will see what will work best.
I am leaning towards these two. I usually like the exposed rivets, but I think the cleaner look of these wheels would look better on a GT.
I would go with a dark Charcoal center with polished lips. :biggrin

Attachments

• concept.jpg
    concept.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 220
  • equip.jpg
    equip.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 190

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Are all you guys going for the standard 18" front 19" rear combo??

I went with 20" fronts and 22" rears...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I like the concepts better. Do you know that weight of these wheels and in what sizes.

BlackICE

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I'm going the 20/22 route.
I am heavily leaning toward the concepts. I will have to check on the weight.
I would not track the car on these, so even if the weight is the same or a tad heavier than stock, its OK with me.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Any updates or photos of the HRE setup? I visited the HRE booth at SEMA and was truly impressed. I'm going with the 19/20 setup, but have not yet decided on design.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
kosupply said:
345/30 /19 Bridgestones rear 265/35/ 18 fronts.. rear is .50 inch lower, front 1.00 inch lower..I wanted to try to see if they would give a little more rear grip on the track..

If you truely want grip, go Pirelli P zero corsa and not Bridgestone... :bored or at least Michelin Cup

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
Our roads are as bad in Houston as they are in Detroit. I stuck with 18/19 because I have bent too many 20' wheels on other cars. With the 18 x 9 fronts and 19 x 13 rears (HRE) . I do not have another option to the Bridgestones. 275/35/18 fronts, 345/30/19 rears. On the track , in corners the 345's push the fronts.