HP on the way!

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Well I just ordered up a Accufab X-pipe,Accufab Air Support Sleeve, Ford Racing Power Upgrade kit ( kit alone Approximately 100 hp increase Kit includes supercharger pulley and Pro-Cal tool with official Ford Racing calibration) and a Trans Axle Cooler.
Should be interesting to see the difference:banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
From the looks of your avatar, your GT had enough power "stock"!:lol

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area
Well I just ordered up a Accufab X-pipe,Accufab Air Support Sleeve, Ford Racing Power Upgrade kit ( kit alone Approximately 100 hp increase Kit includes supercharger pulley and Pro-Cal tool with official Ford Racing calibration) and a Trans Axle Cooler.
Should be interesting to see the difference:banana

If I remember correctly, there was a recent post about some resonance with the Accufab. I think it was 911teo. Do a search, may help.

I went with the Ford Racing (it's a Borla muffler), I think it's the perfect sound. Not too loud, nice aggressive sound, and no resonance.

So just to be clear here, check the "search", as it may have been a different system. I just can't remember for sure.

Good luck with what you've chosen. I hope it works out for you!

RaceDeck

Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
I also have a Ford Racing Muffler ( Borla) that is on the car now. I am going to try the heat-wrap around the pipes and see if that eliminates it? IF not the Borla is back on.

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
I am very happy with my Heffner exhaust! :banana

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
It was me with the resonance... It's there. Between 2k and 2,300 rpm. I checked the bolts and everything.
It's fine... the sound is just amazing. I am not going back to stock!

Anyway about the upgrades.... I think 100HP is a little optimistic.

I have the exact same setup, Accufab Xpipe, inlet sleeve, Ford Pulley and tune and trans cooler....

Boost goes from 12psi to 14psi. So it is still a mild upgrade compared to some of the more aggressive pulley or Whipple.

I would say you should expect around 620-630hp at the crank (560hp at the wheels).

But do not focus on the max HP. I had the opportunity of comparing the dyno of my car with a Whippled one on the same dyno. The Whippled car was putting out 750HP. But the torque curve was very interesting....

Basically my car is putting out 580ft-lb of torque from 3,500 and it maxes out at 600ft-lb at 5,000. The Whippled car was putting out 600 at 3,500, 620 at 5,000 and 620 at 6,300.

My stock car on the same dyno was 510 @ 3,500 and 520 @5,250.

Since the cars were all tested on the same dyno you can draw some significant comparisons.

The Whipple is very efficient as the revs go up and it's lile a freight train. It just never stops. But the little Ford pulley does its job low down. In real life condition you are mostly going to accelerate between 3k and 5k and this is where the Ford pulley is perfect.

So do not get disappointed if your dyno will read 550-560 rwhp. Look at the torque curve. Compare it to stock. That is where the real beauty lies.

RaceDeck

Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
911TEO - Thanks for all of the info . I really do not want to go too crazy on my GT, keeping it a sleeper :wink.
I have some other cars that I have saved that for (such as aluminum Kirkham Cobra with a Shelby 427 aluminum block stroked to 488ci putting out about 678 hp with close to 610 ftlbs/ in car weighing about 2270 lbs = a rocket)

hmg_57

GT Owner
May 6, 2007
Any before / after dyno results from the FRPP power package ?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
simalar but stock pipes. and accufab throttle body (kenny bell pulley & SCT tuner)

Here is the details and dyno charts. Very safe tune by the way.

http://www.alternativeauto.com/prodserv/fordgt-package.html

RaceDeck

Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
I am in the process of installing, I will do some dyno pulls when its all back together:cheers

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
RaceDeck, shame on you! Don't be cheap! I know that I have spent enough money with you in the last two years to pay for a Whipple.:lol

Seriously though, I have an Accufab exhaust and can't say anything bad about it. There may be other exhausts that sound just as good or maybe even better, ( I haven"t heard all of them), but I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with it. There are always tradeoffs, like having to talk a little louder to your passenger, but that's a small price to pay for the sound of power. I'm sure you have a Mercedes or BMW for times when you want comfort and quiet but the GT is for enjoying life!

Make some noise and lay some rubber.:thumbsup

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Go with an 18psi pulley! 652rwhp.