How to jack up rear (or front) of car without a lift

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
Very nicely done. You win in my book!

Mike

Hi again:

I'm finally getting around to making the jbyrnes (see above post dated 08-02-2012) steel beam for lifting the front or back. I've got all the bits but looking at the lifting point diagrams and photos, it looks as though the distance between the two front lift points is different from the two back lift points. Is this correct?

If so, what are the center to center distances for front and back lift point pairs?

Thanks
David

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Dave,
The jack points in the rear are 24.0 in. center to center, the jack points for the front are 34.0 center to center. Even though the span is quite a bit bigger up front the same size tube 3x3 x .25 wall will work fine since there's less weight on the front points.

Thanks. Unfortunately, my piece of tubing is only 32 inches long .... I'll have to buy another one that's 38 inches. That is, unless you can tell me how to use the short piece for that span, which I kind of doubt.

David

Connor-san

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta
This would cover the 34" span, but would need to be modified for the 24" span — not sure if that can be done safely, but may be an easy option.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-918008/overview/

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
I like it. Hard to beat for the money, even if you can only use it on the front end.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Hi Have the MaxJax set up and have the posts set out about as wide as recommended and can't get all 4 points to touch the GT's pad points or even close.
I know this is a shot in the dark but does anybody the distance between the front and rear points?
I'd like to see if I move the posts around that I could configure a custom GT post position with the MaxJax.
Currently if I drilled new post points that was narrower by about 4-6" I could lift the rears up for tire removal and a look at the underside, but not the whole car.
Don't want to lift the arms up to the first safety point for locking it out (very important if venturing under there), as the car would have too much slope and add undue pressure to the pad area as it's not flush to the cars tilt..

Tomcat

GT Owner
This would cover the 34" span, but would need to be modified for the 24" span — not sure if that can be done safely, but may be an easy option.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-918008/overview/

Has anyone tried this on the rear?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Has anyone tried this on the rear?

Since it mounts on a jack, I can't imagine you could get enough clearance to get in under the car.

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
I managed to get some accurate measurements of the jack points.
The MaxJax won't in any form get the GT up for a peeve.
I used the numbers to try and get the 4 points to match...nope.
If I bring the posts together a bit I can get the rear up in one hit, but not all points.
Only option would be if the box steel arm the drives the arms up would have to be much longer so I could get more out of the adjustable arms position.
This isn't an option with the manufacture, so ass up is all I can get.

SA

Attachments

• Ford GT jacking points.pdf
    227.4 KB · Views: 111

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
Here's the front jack point right behind the lower control arms

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpg
    IMG_1414.jpg