How Much to add a Gurney bubble and seat reduction

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Fellas,

As I look at GT's I am trying to factor in the additional coast of a Gurney Bubble and foam reduction in the drivers seat. I'm 6'6" so I am fairly certain I will need both to be comfortable. I'm in San Diego, what shops out here would do this or can do this?

Mike

DRIVEBY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Saleen did my Bubble back in '06 for 6K. All aluminum.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Knights Autoworks, Steve Hemstock. Ph#715-702-2727 can make several different seat modifications. You can search for him on this site and contact him directly regarding mods.

I had my seat lowered a few years ago - at 6'5" I have enough headroom. With a helmet, it's a bit snug, but fine for an hour or so.

I just had my seat sent to him to modify the seat back. Wanted to widen it some, as my shoulders are a bit broader than the curvature of the seat. I have yet to try the new mods though. Meeting my gal at the Rally after some TLC.

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
In California, you have Shadowman (discovery-automotive) and Kendall (cooltechLLC) - both forum sponsors. They can do anything you can dream of for your car.

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
perfect, thank you. Still looking, some neat stuff out there. Just need to factor this in to what I pay for a car.

LarryS

GT Owner
Aug 6, 2008
Fremont, CA
If you are doing all/most of the driving, it would seem
you could gain quite a bit by removing the seat slider
and bolting the seat solid. I was thinking of trying it on
mine, (I'm 6-4).

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Larry - I'm not sure if that is an option or not. I'm very happy with just having my seat's bottom thinned a bit

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
not sure how you feel about hte color and mods but BONYs old car had the bubble and is for sale by a forum sponsor

http://www.fordgtforsale.com/DSC04485.jpg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Fellas,

As I look at GT's I am trying to factor in the additional coast of a Gurney Bubble and foam reduction in the drivers seat. I'm 6'6" so I am fairly certain I will need both to be comfortable. I'm in San Diego, what shops out here would do this or can do this?

Mike

Saleen did my Bubble back in '06 for 6K. All aluminum.

I also had Saleen do mine - but they are no longer around. The GT Guys will do it for you - contact Rich & Denis via PM here on the forum. Saw them today, at Chip's in Scottsdale.

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Bubble

We have done multiple. You should see one at the Rally in TX this year on a Heritage car. We also did Bony's last year at Rally III.
It was nice to put a face with the name, Ralphie, and looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Rich, count your fingers after shaking hands with Ralphie!