How many Whipple options are there?

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
I originally had a Gen I whipple installed almost 2 years ago. Hadn't been on this board in awhile and now I keep hearing about multiple generations/options.

What are all the options and what are the differences between the generations? What are the pros/cons of each?
Thx.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
In a nut shell: Gen#1 you know...Gen#2 is a bit bigger in displacement & 'has a slightly more effecient screw design which results in a cooler 'mix and slightly more H.P. than the #1 ...And there's a Gen #3(?) in the works presently that's about 4 ltrs in size if I remember correctly and about .75" to 1" longer.

The Whipples are about 40 lbs heaver than the stock blower, so lateral forces are increased a bit when cornering "at speed"...but, that's about the only "negative" I'm aware of. And THAT'S faaaar outweighed by the GO provided, IMO!

Whipple Charged

Dec 9, 2005
In a nut shell: Gen#1 you know...Gen#2 is a bit bigger in displacement & 'has a slightly more effecient screw design which results in a cooler 'mix and slightly more H.P. than the #1 ...And there's a Gen #3(?) in the works presently that's about 4 ltrs in size if I remember correctly and about .75" to 1" longer.

The Whipples are about 40 lbs heaver than the stock blower, so lateral forces are increased a bit when cornering "at speed"...but, that's about the only "negative" I'm aware of. And THAT'S faaaar outweighed by the GO provided, IMO!

I think it's closer to 15lbs, but like you said, with the kick in the seat, its well worth it!
:cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I think it's closer to 15lbs, but like you said, with the kick in the seat, its well worth it!

Well, YOU ought to know!!!:rofl

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
And there's a Gen #3(?) in the works presently that's about 4 ltrs in size if I remember correctly and about .75" to 1" longer.

house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
That makes a lot more sense. When I recently read the 40lbs number, I was shocked - unless you're making those things out of spent uranium (obviating the need for those cool under-clamshell blue lights!).
OTOH, after making peace with my wife re the recent pulley and tune ("What? 550 HP is not enough??") perfectly executed by our own Shadowman, a Whipple is not likely to be in the cards in the near future :)

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
......OTOH, after making peace with my wife re the recent pulley and tune ("What? 550 HP is not enough??") perfectly executed by our own Shadowman, a Whipple is not likely to be in the cards in the near future :)

Aaaahhhh....why would you tell your wife...ANYTHING?? :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That makes a lot more sense. When I recently read the 40lbs number, I was shocked ...

Hey...jus' repeated what a certain 'Forum member (who shall remain nameless) told ME. :lol :cheers

Parrot Pockets

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Hey pockets. How would you know about cornering? Is the driveway curved?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey pockets. How would you know about cornering? Is the driveway curved?

As a matter of FACT - YES IT IS!!!!!!! :slap:slap:slap

(Yeeeeeeew mizzurbull................)

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Aaaahhhh....why would you tell your wife...ANYTHING?? :lol

In the spirit of full disclosure, perhaps the way to bypass this issue is to get another motorhead-buddy to give you a generous b-day or X'mas present, say, in a form of a WHIPPLE, then, when your buddy needs some mods (say, around his b-day), you would tell the wife that since he was so generous you now feel compel/obgligated to buy him a gift at similar value....... You will even be able to tell with a straight face:thumbsup!!

GTED

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
More horsepower is to real men like more jewelry is to real women.
We both want more, and I continue to provide more to Mrs Bony and to my toys.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
In the spirit of full disclosure, perhaps the way to bypass this issue is to get another motorhead-buddy to give you a generous b-day or X'mas present, say, in a form of a WHIPPLE, then, when your buddy needs some mods (say, around his b-day), you would tell the wife that since he was so generous you now feel compel/obgligated to buy him a gift at similar value....... You will even be able to tell with a straight face:thumbsup!!

GTED

Aaaaah, would one be WRONG in assuming from the sound of things that you - or someone you KNOW (ya! That's it! Someone you know!) - has already successfully utilized this plan??? :rofl

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Aaaaah, would one be WRONG in assuming from the sound of things that you - or someone you KNOW (ya! That's it! Someone you know!) - has already successfully utilized this plan??? :rofl

I used to utilize this plan all the time. Of course I'm now divorced. I don't think it's a coincidence though......:biggrin

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
More horsepower is to real men like more jewelry is to real women.
We both want more, and I continue to provide more to Mrs Bony and to my toys.

Exactly!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I used to utilize this plan all the time. Of course I'm now divorced. I don't think it's a coincidence though......:biggrin

Pbly not! :rofl :cheers

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006

Pro,

OMG! You've used the scheme as well! There are just too many coincidences between us: you have a Heritage and I have a Heritage; you have an Esprit and I had an Esprit (until recently); and you and I both used the same scheme!!! Thus far, the only difference is you're divorced and I'm not. Does it mean it is simply a matter of time for me.......:wink:rofl

GTED

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hey...jus' repeated what a certain 'Forum member (who shall remain nameless) told ME. :lol :cheers

Parrot Pockets

I apologize for the misinformation I posted on another thread. I mistaken the stock blower's weight for the difference. Dustin is right about 20 lbs.

I must be getting old, I just don't recall. However I do still know how many homes I own.

Last edited:
H

HHGT

I apologize for the misinformation I posted on another thread. I mistaken the stock blower's weight for the difference. Dustin is right about 20 lbs.

I must be getting old, I just don't recall. However I do still know how many homes I own.

I think you were thinking of a BMW - Big Me___an Woman!

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Wow

Man, you guys are trained professionals. I am truly humbled. AND inspired.
So re that quid pro quo/pay-it-forward gifting plan, can you point me to the online instructional video to make sure I get those dance steps straight??
Separately, the only response on this thread that I find dubious is EP's, who, as we all know, owns a garage sans windows and doors. Thus the curved driveway comment is minimally irrelevant, and most likely fallacious. :)