How many on this forum will be chosen for the New GT??

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm guessing around 10-15 people, but I hope more...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
More.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
The more important question is are there fixed contingents per country and how big is the german one :wink

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark

Quote of the day...:thumbsup

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
The more important question is are there fixed contingents per country and how big is the german one :wink

I'm sure Ford will have a number on the table for GT's going to Europe, but that will be adjusted according to applicants that fit the bill

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
"Please provide any highlights of your motorsports career? (i.e. specific race(s) won)"

1994 British Formula Ford Champion
1994 British Formula Ford Festival Winner.

1995 Formula Opel Champion.
1996 Alfa Romeo DTM driver.
1997 FIA Formula 3000 championship 3rd place.
1999 FIA Formula 3000 championship Runner up .
2002 Danish Touring Car Championship Winner.

I hope my Ford titles back in the day will help me a bit along the way :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
"Please provide any highlights of your motorsports career? (i.e. specific race(s) won)"

That's awesome!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
If they build 500 I would hope that 500 forum members get one! Let's face it, if you're not on this forum you don't deserve one.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I just think looking at the criteria, we have so many people here who are original owners of the prior GT, have a number of other Fords, have collections with other significant pieces, participate in GT events, have participated in competition, track their GT, etc, etc that it's inevitable. I can think of that number of people here who are a virtual lock to get one based on the questions asked (hopefully).

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I just think looking at the criteria, we have so many people here who are original owners of the prior GT, have a number of other Fords, have collections with other significant pieces, participate in GT events, have participated in competition, track their GT, etc, etc that it's inevitable. I can think of that number of people here who are a virtual lock to get one based on the questions asked (hopefully).

Hear hear...

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
+1 I think the questions were tailor made for a lot of the forum members to qualify for the new GT. Lets face it no were else is the new car talked about with such enthusiasm and excitement than here so no better people to sell the car to than US!!!

Dominic

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia

That is marginally better than mine, which was, "never spun out leaving a Cars and Coffee".

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Best of luck everyone

For those lucky enough to have been in a position to get one from the outset and those smart enough to enjoy the experience, they are about to reap the reward!

Best of luck everyone.

In 2005/06 i was just finishing residency…

Last edited:

wheelb

GT Owner
May 22, 2014
Miami Fl
Im very excited to see who gets the notice on forum 90 days or so right? its kind of exciting ford picking no matter what better than a stealer i mean dealer :)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I've been on the track several times but the highlight of my racing was hitting the wall in the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, totaling my car and breaking 3 ribs... but I had a blast doing it... well all but the crash. Took me a while to get back on the track. A bit too aggressive and tires that were too old and not getting sticky.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
That is marginally better than mine, which was, "never spun out leaving a Cars and Coffee".
:rofl

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

Impressive! Maybe you can work on Anders driving skills

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
I've been on the track several times but the highlight of my racing was hitting the wall in the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, totaling my car and breaking 3 ribs... but I had a blast doing it... well all but the crash. Took me a while to get back on the track. A bit too aggressive and tires that were too old and not getting sticky.

I suspect the same thing is going to happen when you finally ride that Ford bicycle...which we are all anxiously awaiting the video...buhahahahaha

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I suspect the same thing is going to happen when you finally ride that Ford bicycle...which we are all anxiously awaiting the video...buhahahahaha

You're bad Mike! Already put 50 miles on it!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I hope as many of my great Forum friends get one .... not only because you deserve it but also because it will increase my chances of catching a ride in one at the Rallys .... :wink:biggrin

:cheers
Anders