How many members will pay 400K and are interested in buying new GT..

Priced at ~$375k with ~1200 units produced, would you buy the new GT?

• Yes

Votes: 110 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 37.5%

• Total voters

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
<snip>
So IMO I think I would save your money and because after a few years a car is a car and it will not be that much better than what you have now. You also will have way more things to go wrong in the future. The cars we have now are pretty straight forward. Wait until the traction control light comes on or the check engine light blinks because shock light comes on. Trust me this stuff scared me half to death owning a F car.

Now if you have more money than you can spend and have to have the latest and geatest go for it but don't sell you GT to get one. I would sell my F-cars to get one if I had a collecton. I just own one car and it is the GT and I do not have money falling out of my pockets. I still work and support a family. My cars value is more than I make a year. I think my advise is good for both the money bags and the person who sold everything just own the first GT ...
Amen brother, and I will add that I didn't get to that happy place in life where I can just stroke a check for my automotive crack by being stupid about how I spend money (and I'm pretty sure that applies to most of us). I grew up frugal, always will be, and am damn proud of it. If I can buy a new FGT for sticker price, I'll consider it. But if I have to pay a dealer markup, I'll let someone else be the greater fool.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I love the '05-06 GT but I would not have paid $290k for it then, nor would I pay that much now.

+1 Mainly because I can't afford to spend that much on a car. If I had deep pockets, I'd most definitely pay that much.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Would you guys have paid $290,000 for a Ford Gt back in 2006?

No. And I didn't. I waited until all the SuperSonics, Mariners, Seahawks and/or whomever else had bought theirs and the remaining FGTs were just 'sitting' on showroom floors around here. I still ended up paying a 5-figure premium, but, only because #1079 was the only Blue/White left anywhere within a reasonable driving/flying/shipping/delivery distance from my place. IOW, it was a 'convenience-for-me' decision where the premium was concerned. As things turned out, the car ended up being transported to my place "free of charge" (so to speak :wink) anyway. (Had I waited about another 3 months, I likely could have bought the car for 'sticker' or less...BUT, would the car still have been sitting there? Aaaaaah, now, there's the rub.)

However, the new GTs will be bought/sold under an entirely different set of market circumstances...and we all know what those are. Because of that, I doubt anyone anywhere will be 'paying sticker' no matter who he/they might be...let alone buying one for anything under. It's 100% a 'sellers market' by design. As such, there will be no 'waiting game' option/strategy available to buyers. The only option/strategy buyers will have in their arsenal will be a heftier wallet than the next guy's.

'Just my $00.02.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wrong.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Of course.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Is this what Fchat was like when the LaF came out - trying to determine who has the softest chin?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not to beat a dead horse, but:

At the same time, Hinrichs has told dealers in North America not to take orders or price gouge – especially since none of them have been told whether they will even get one of the $400,000 cars to sell.

Joe Hinrichs is one of 5 EVPs at the company. He reports to the CEO. He's not making this up.

Anyone who tells you they know how the cars will be allocated is just making it up. Dealers don't know, customers don't know, blogs don't know, etc for one reason: Ford hasn't made that determination, so they don't even know. All I can guarantee you is this: it's not going to be a case of Ford GTs showing up at random dealers, Ford saying "sayonara" and the dealer saying "let the bidding begin!"

It's pointless to get worked up about the allocation process because nobody has any idea what the process will actually be.

And just to reiterate, the volume of this car is not a function of the desire to create a feeding frenzy for a collectible. As with any vehicle program, Ford has a set of objectives for the GT. An extremely light, labor-intensive (and thus time-consuming) carbon fiber construction best fit those objectives. Obviously they want to build a desirable car, but exclusivity is definitely not the first priority.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Dave, make sure mine is blue.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I'll take mine in black, and it will need to be $250K :biggrin

but exclusivity is definitely not the first priority.

In the absence of light darkness prevails.

I'm confident the smart folks at Ford will surprise all of us with a genius plan, hopefully before perception becomes reality for this LaFord. :wink

feedme.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave, make sure mine is blue.

Paul - at this time Liquid Blue is not an option, but it can be had as an option for $87,000, based on a lottery system, first come first serve, highest bidder wins, exclusive 1 of 1, limited edition.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Where do I redeem my ticket?

image.jpg

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Not to beat a dead horse, but:

At the same time, Hinrichs has told dealers in North America not to take orders or PRICE GOUGE (emph mine) – especially since none of them have been told whether they will even get one of the $400,000 cars to sell.

Uuuuuuh huh. And 'zackly what $$$ figure constitutes "price gouging", Dave?

'See what I meant/what I was getting at when I said, "The only option/strategy buyers will have in their arsenal will be a heftier wallet than the next guy's"?

My overall point being that - real world - 'mebbe' 1% of FGT Forum members will ever even be given/have a SHOT at buying one of the new GTs when all is said and done.

'Danged if I can see where I am "wrong" in my assessment.

'Going to my room now...:eek:ld:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, I know what you meant, and you are wrong.

Trust me.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I truly hope you're right, sir. :thumbsup

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
You guys are all worried about dealer ADM, are you watching the fed??

26 U.S. Code § 4064 - Gas guzzler tax
Current through Pub. L. 113-296, except 113-287, 113-291, 113-295. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

US Code
Notes
IRS Rulings
Authorities (CFR)

(a) Imposition of tax
There is hereby imposed on the sale by the manufacturer of each automobile a tax determined in accordance with the following table:

If the fuel economy of the model type in which the automobile falls is:

The tax is:

At least 22.5 $0
At least 21.5 but less than 22.5 1,000
At least 20.5 but less than 21.5 1,300
At least 19.5 but less than 20.5 1,700
At least 18.5 but less than 19.5 2,100
At least 17.5 but less than 18.5 2,600
At least 16.5 but less than 17.5 3,000
At least 15.5 but less than 16.5 3,700
At least 14.5 but less than 15.5 4,500
At least 13.5 but less than 14.5 5,400
At least 12.5 but less than 13.5 6,400
Less than 12.5 7,700.

Please build mine with the radio delete option so I can offset this hidden tax. :facepalm:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That doesn't hold a candle to what the govt is going to collect from taxpayers in order to provide air fare to the children of illegal...uh...never mind...

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
This is good!
:pop

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006