How many members will pay 400K and are interested in buying new GT..

Priced at ~$375k with ~1200 units produced, would you buy the new GT?

• Yes

Votes: 110 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 37.5%

• Total voters

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
But look at it this way... When we have our FordGT Forum Rally XI, XII and XIII, we may get to meet Justin Verlander and his GF,
or Bill Clinton and Hillary or Donald Trump or Paris Hilton and others... just think of it. !!

andy (AJB)

I'd rather not...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If all I ever own is a 2006 FORD GT,I’m a lucky guy! The new GT doesn’t take any of the shine off our cars!
We are all lucky.Appreciate what you have and not what you don’t! You will go thru life a lot happier.
Just my 02

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Kayvan,
You are exactly correct. First year, the frenzy will be in full effect. After that, it is rarified air for the $400K "old news" car market. There is awesome competition sporting hybrid technology and turbo V8s. I paid under sticker for my new Heritage in late 2006 after it sat on the showroom floor, roped off for 6 months with a huge mark up. I am not a fool, I will still be paying over sticker and will have to buy in the 2nd or 3rd year, but those who want one, are patient and are willing to shell out $400K+ will get one.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Ford could care less...they'll sell every GT they build. The END.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
I don't know guys. Unlike the 05 & 06 cars, there won't be 4000 units over 2 years. Yes, some cars did languish when secondary dealers finally got a car in late 2006, but now we're talking 250/yr over 4 years instead of 1500/3 which actually turned out being 2000+/2. Granted, the price is more than 2X the 05-06 cars, but given how the last gen cars have already doubled in value, and a lot of enthusiasts feel they missed out, I've got a feeling you're going to need a sack full of cash, a favorable introduction from the Ford family, and holding the dealer's family at gunpoint to actually get the car for a healthy premium.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Same here. I was an early adopter with my 05 and gladly paid over sticker. Enjoyed the hell out of it that first year and wouldn't trade that for anything. but at 400 plus lengthy options list and huge dealer mark up I will take my chances there will be a market correction and then I will get mine.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I'm out (drops mic)

image.jpg

At that price it is an exhibition in self indulgence, not special. Another LFA.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
:thumbsup

If the MSRP is $400K and the production is limited to 250 units per year, the street price will vastly exceed that.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Surely there's a kit car company out there working on a 16' rendition that we less fortunate types will jump at, just like in the 70's! :facepalm: (not my car, honest)
1972FiberfabAvenger_01_700[1].jpg

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Out of my budget for the forseeable future. I'll just wait two or three years and snatch one up for $80k. It's just a Ford.

Poor Richard

GT Owner
Nov 17, 2012
New Jersey
Exactly!
out of my budget for the forseeable future. I'll just wait two or three years and snatch one up for $80k. It's just a ford.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Oh for a dollar, every time I heard heard about the 05-06, "ill wait and pick up one when they are out there for under $100k"....

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
If it wins at Lemans? Then what? Also, it does solidify the value of ours!!

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
lamborghini sells 1k aventadors a year at 400k, if we are talking 1k total units i think prices will be 400k with a premium for early cars.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
Im a buyer at up to $450K but not much higher.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
1) It's premature for anyone to assume they know how the cars will be allocated, and what that means for who gets them and at what price.

2) At a ~$375k base MSRP, the car would be expensive, but nowhere near expensive enough to scare off 250 would-be buyers a year. If Ford wanted to, I'm pretty confident that they could sell the entire U.S production run to Ford dealers that would keep the car for themselves forever.

Nearly 2,000 LaFerrari, P1, 918 will have been moved at $900k - $1.5 million in 1-2 years. And all those cars trade at a premium, with LaFerrari going for well over $2 million. Obviously different cars, but it just illustrates how much the ultra high end performance car market has exploded.

Lamborghini has produced 4,000+ Aventadors since the car's release. FOUR THOUSAND! A very basic Aventador hits right at $400k. A loaded up roadster is ~$550k. A loaded up 50th Anniversary roadster which sold it's 200 unit run quickly could go well over $600k. It's taken 4 years and 4x the amount of units for that market to finally soften, which it just now has. And everyone knows they will continue building many more of them, plus whatever inevitably follows it.

Ultimately, barring global economic catastrophe or the car being a nightmarish disaster (in which case you won't want it anyways), I find it pretty unlikely the car ever trades significantly below the MSRP.

3) The performance will justify the price. It's not going to be the fastest straight line car, but it is a weapon of mass destruction for sustained beating on a race track. I look forward to the first time it is compared with a 488 GTB.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
1) It's premature for anyone to assume they know how the cars will be allocated, and what that means for who gets them and at what price.

2) At a ~$375k base MSRP, the car would be expensive, but nowhere near expensive enough to scare off 250 would-be buyers a year. If Ford wanted to, I'm pretty confident that they could sell the entire U.S production run to Ford dealers that would keep the car for themselves forever.

Nearly 2,000 LaFerrari, P1, 918 will have been moved at $900k - $1.5 million in 1-2 years. And all those cars trade at a premium, with LaFerrari going for well over $2 million. Obviously different cars, but it just illustrates how much the ultra high end performance car market has exploded.

Lamborghini has produced 4,000+ Aventadors since the car's release. FOUR THOUSAND! A very basic Aventador hits right at $400k. A loaded up roadster is ~$550k. A loaded up 50th Anniversary roadster which sold it's 200 unit run quickly could go well over $600k. It's taken 4 years and 4x the amount of units for that market to finally soften, which it just now has. And everyone knows they will continue building many more of them, plus whatever inevitably follows it.

Ultimately, barring global economic catastrophe or the car being a nightmarish disaster (in which case you won't want it anyways), I find it pretty unlikely the car ever trades significantly below the MSRP.

3) The performance will justify the price. It's not going to be the fastest straight line car, but it is a weapon of mass destruction for sustained beating on a race track. I look forward to the first time it is compared with a 488 GTB.

Agree.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
For sure I will buy one. I just hope I can be the original owner when the time comes.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Since ford generally is not in the business of "supercar" production as the other manufactures as mentioned above, instead its bread and butter are trucks and everyday use cars. If it wants to make an ultra high tech car to go racing and limited numbers so be it, however I still like the idea of "production version" in greater number (see my post above). Even Ferrari, Porsche Lamborghini can at least supply their limited number of dealers with at least a few cars of their ultra low production supercars. Just does not make sense such low production numbers when there is such a demand and it is not like ford's future depends on selling this car!