How Many GTs Left?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
You ROCK rocketman, however some of us are obsessed with keeping the car as perfect as possible, hence the lower mileage, however, that in no way deters us from enjoying the drive as I did the other day. I can't get mine out on the street withoput hauling trailer ramps out to bridge the dip between the gutter and the driveway. So my mileage is low because of the effort to get it on the street. Cars if taken car of will last way beyond our lifetimes! Rock on.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Rick,
Thanx, see you sunday morning for coffee ??? Looks like it could be a nice day for a ride !! We can do burnouts in front of Mark o's house!! Let me know.
RedRich you going to join up for a coffee ?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Atomic GT ,
I'm just like you when it comes to the obssssssion part of keeping her as perfect as possible. The way I see it ,if I only ever own just 1 gt in my life time I have lived a dream!! So I take care of her accordingly !
Its all about enjoying he drive !!!
But still hope to snag another...
Roketman

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
We have more than a dozen FGTs here in FresBurg. Most will never be wrecked unless someone crashes through the owner's garage doors. They are never driven...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Bony ,
Where did you get the video of my wife in the pool?

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Well, here in south MS we have 4 GTs in Hattiesburg. One is Whippled and one is a TT. The guy with the Whipple is 30 yrs old, no house no wife no nothin and he uses it as his driver, I should know, he works at the same place I do. He bought it the same week I got mine.

Since he sometimes works at night, it is left outside. One morning I walked by it and the windows were down, dew all over the inside........:frown

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I don't know whether this is Sad or funny that we are spending Thanksgiving morning chatting on the FGT forum.
I guess we should file it under PASSOINATE !!!!

"2ND PLACE IS THE 1ST LOSER"

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
I drive both.

My days getting short,out here on the cape.But both whipple cars are so much fun to drive.But first dusting of SNOW,the d.p.w. sands and salt the roads then im done.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I'm with you on the sanding and salting bit.Really bums me out once they salt.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Rokeman were you at the taska show.

are you the guy i talked to at the show?

tblackj

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2007
How can you NOT drive it? It is truly awesome. My 997TT has been parked an aweful lot lately since I got my GT. The sound, the steering, the view, the "rockstar status"... what is there not to love about it?

Plus, I have to drive it and force the resale value down on my car. If I sold it and made any money off of it, it would break my losing streak on cars!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Roll 'em

My mom growing up never let us use living room .it was like a museum for guests only .I hated that .It made no sense to me ,not to use the bloody room.
Many ford gt owners make the same mistake . Many keep their cars for best making every opening of the garage door,"as is it worth it?"Well ya , its worth it to drive it any time you can!! As gorgeous as they are to look at (thanx Camilo) They should be driven in celebration of what masterpiece it is .
I believe they are engineered to last and the paint work to go the distance as well .Don't think rust is going to be any problem!
So every time I stand in front of the garage , I think you only get one life to live , So for me, to celebrate life,is to drive it !! I have never thought ,gee I wish I didn't drive the gt today!!!
I think I'll celebrate Thanxgiving and go for a ride !!!!
Hope your Thanxgiving is pleasant !!

+1

Well said. :thumbsup

Did we have the same Mother? :lol

ROLL 'EM :thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
My mom growing up never let us use living room .it was like a museum for guests only .I hated that .It made no sense to me ,not to use the bloody room. Many ford gt owners make the same mistake . Many keep their cars for best making every opening of the garage door,"as is it worth it?"Well ya , its worth it to drive it any time you can!! As gorgeous as they are to look at (thanx Camilo) They should be driven in celebration of what masterpiece it is .

You're right - I did regret not driving the Lambo more. However with the GT, because I'm never selling it, there's no rush to drive it. So I tend to take it out when the weather's good or I've got somewhere to go. Going out for the pleasure of driving in poor weather doesn't appeal. Being in the UK, the weather's real good of course! :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Going out for the pleasure of driving in poor weather doesn't appeal. Being in the UK, the weather's real good of course! :lol

I would agree, no pleasure in driving in weather. In my area the weather is usually acceptable, but at many times the traffic conditions are not. So I would add that it is no pleasure in driving through the parking lots that some people call a road!

What is the definition of a traffic jam?

Answer,

When the traffic is flowing at less than the speed limit!

What is the definition of a parking lot?

Answer,

Any suitable surface where your expectation is your car spends more time motionless, than in motion!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
gforce,
yup ,we chated at tasca.we will have to get together come spring..
Neil , I'm not much either for bringing her out in the rain...

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
I'd say there's enough left. I don't sweat other people crashing their cars, or how many remain. There are still thousands of fully functioning, never-dinged GT's out there, so they aren't unicorns or anything.

I do think that long term this is seriously driving up the value of mint low-miles garage queens, because between all the modded up cars and wrecked ones, there's not gonna be all that many left in 15 years :lol

I think of these cars like the Panteras mods increase the resale value:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
How many Panteras where built?
Granted the design is rust prone.
Pantera is a great example to compare for appreciation against the FGT.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
My 2 cents, Pantera's were awesome in their day, I tried to buy one for years that a guy let sit and rot in Delray Beach, FL for years. Never would call me back. I think the Ford GT has a more timeless body style, and the heritage from the 60's that people will always remember IMHO. This may make the GT more "collectable" than a Pantera.

Rick

Last edited:

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
How many Panteras where built?
Granted the design is rust prone.
Pantera is a great example to compare for appreciation against the FGT.

I guess I was not clear in my comparison. I was stating most cars that are modified are worth less than an unmolested one. But the Panteras are one car that is worth as much or more modified than stock. I also think the GT will be worth as much or more modified than stock.:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The cars that have appreciated have been produced in limited numbers, hundreds not thousands.

Take a look at Ferrari's, or even Panteras.

Folks that are expecting to get rich off their FGT's will be in for a rude shock.

If Ford introduces the replacement for the FGT our values will dive downward exactly the same as when Ferrari introduces their next model.