How many GT's are out there?

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Throw one more in the 2005 catagory ..... SONIC BLUE..... 1 OF 1 .:thumbsupGTJOEY1314

What's a SONIC BLUE :biggrin

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Model years

Sooooooooooo, are there 2007 models?

Model years are usually start in September, but as of the past few years it seems as though it is all the way back until July/August. It also seems as though they run the model year longer than the calender year. There were no 2007 model year Ford GT's.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Here are the charts of Option Rates and Production numbers I made up from Ford reports back in 2006 at the end of the model run.

Rates_Medium_.jpg

Numbers_Medium_.jpg

This data was derived directly from internal Ford C48/C50 reports (I worked there for over thirty years). Since I developed these charts, I have been able to identify the two "Special Paint" cars built in 2005 (5-0349, aka "Sonic Blue", and 5-0036, originally painted Gulf Blue, then repainted at the factory in Tungsten Grey).

There were no GTs built in 2007,, production ended in 2006. The last car (6-2045) came off the line on September 22, 2006. There was a higher VIN car built, (6-2047), but it was completed earlier, on August 28th, 2006. The last 177 cars were all designated for export to Canada, due to new FMVSS safety standards for US spec models that the Ford GT could not meet without an expensive re-design.

I am still collecting data for the SAAC GT Registry, so if you have not registered your GT with me, please send me an e-mail with your info, a picture of your car, and whatever mods you have made to it.

I am also tracking GTs that have been seriously damaged - If you have personal knowledge of a GT that's been wrecked, please send me an e-mail with the VIN and any pictures - they will be kept in the footnotes of the SAAC GT Registry.

I have also been collecting CARFAX reports on Ford GTs. If you have a CARFAX report on a GT you looked at, please share it with me. If you are looking at a GT, if you send me an e-mail with the VIN, I can check to see if I have a CARFAX or any pictures or history on it.

regards,

Jeff

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
KingCobra has spoken! You can't get any more definitive than that. Plus, he's snowbirding in Florida and spit all this up from memory off the top of his head.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I believe that is correct. I purchased my new 2005 GT in February, 2007, so it would be listed as a 2007 sale, even though it was delivered to the dealer in September, 2005, and thus would have been included in the 2005 production numbers.

Hey you better have your certified dealer check your car out before the warranty lapses. I found a leaking A/C compressor with an oil change last week, getting it replaced today at no charge...2 days left in warranty!:banana

The 36 month warranty starts at the point of sale, not the build date.

Last edited:

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Are you alright?

You just got this car ! :eek

So sorry .............. What happened ?

--

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
For those new to this forum it was a unwritten rule, by the late Bony, not to post photos of crashed FGT unless it is your own, or you have the expressed permission of the owner.

Last edited:

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
For those new to this forum it was a unwritten rule, by the late Bony, not to post photos of crashed FGT unless it is your own, or you have the expressed permission of the owner.

Already taken care of. Thank you for reminding the members BlackICE. :thumbsup

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
On the chart it says no Black stripe delete 05? What gives? I have a stripe delete 05.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
On the chart it says no Black stripe delete 05? What gives? I have a stripe delete 05.

My chart which came with the authentification kit says there were 27 2005 Black stripe delete cars with Black Calipers, 11 with Grey Calipers, and 20 with Red Calipers. Of those, 47 had Forged BBS wheels and 11 had the Standard Cast wheels. And, 50 had a McIntosh Radio, and 8 had the radio deleted. Thus, it appears that there were 58 Black stripe delete cars built in 2005. Additionally, there were 47 Side Stripes only, and 132 with full Silver Stripes, for a total of 237 Black 2005 FGT's.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Ralphie, are you snowed in or have a broken leg or something? YOu seem to be having a lot of time on your hands lately, especially running numbers.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I have a no mac Standard Radio car. Has anyone ever seen a Radio Delete car ??? Thats a new one on me Pictures please.. I guess they never recorded The Dark Blue metalic car that was painted with silver stripes at the factory.:secret:

Last edited:

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
wow, I never would have thought that 1k of these cars have had a "history"

RMaximillian

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2009
Hmm... I have a 2006 / #0019. Does that mean 19th VIN in 2006 or 19th overall? I hear conflicting stories about the VIN sequencing.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Has anyone ever seen a Radio Delete car ??? Thats a new one on me

Brian -

Radio Delete cars went to the UK and Europe. The digital FM radio frequencies over there are "even" numbered, whereas they are "odd" numbered in the U.S.

Last edited:

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Stormy -

You won't see a "Radio Delete" GT in the US. "Radio Delete" was not an orderable option, but, it was spec'd by internal order edits for the cars built for export to Europe - none of the GTs that Ford built for Europe had a radio.

Similarly, none of the GTs originally built for Canada had anything but the Standard Radio - the Mac system was not available, and a delete option was not available, either.

RMax -

Yours would be the 19th VIN for 2006. The cars were not built in VIN order.

regards,

Jeff

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Hey Ralphie, are you snowed in or have a broken leg or something? YOu seem to be having a lot of time on your hands lately, especially running numbers.

No Frank - I just look at my wall - - - here are the tables for both 2005 & 2006, as received in my Certificate of Authenticity...

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Just looking at that chart again, but does anyone have a base radio Heritage? I know the chart says 59 were made, but I've never seen one.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
i would love to know:

1. How many still sit at Ford dealers?
2. How many are owned by forum members ? (hard because members come and go)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
i would love to know:

1. How many still sit at Ford dealers?
2. How many are owned by forum members ? (hard because members come and go)

1. Almost none. There were almost none when the car fell off the inventory list, which was years ago.
2. Over 1000.