How Long will the Ford GT Motor Last?

Pipelion

Lots of wise people on this forum.

How many miles will the motor last ( without head or block work)? Now, I realize this is an impossible question without some parameters.

#0. This car is moded to extremes and beat into the ground constantly. Lots of track and strip action.

#1. First, the engine that is beat hard and long at every ride is of no concern to me, vurtually this is how a race car is driven and everyone knows racing is expensive. But if you people care to figure this one out too, fine. This car is tracked often too.

#2. Second This GT is driven for fun and excitement. Lots of hot laps around one's area. Let's say 20-30% of the time the motors working hard. (Tracked a few times)

#3 Third, the Ford GT that is driven like a normal car. Long normal driving, cross country, local cruses, etc. Only the occational "get on it bitch". How many miles will this motor run? (Never tracked)

All the above are well mantained with synthetic oil, filters, etc. changes.

Please answer in miles. And please tell what number car you are estimating.

Also, If you are an engineer and or equally with expertice regarding the GT, please tell us.

Thanks,

Allan

Last edited:

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
First off there is no head or block work needed. The heads are the best flowing production heads for has released on a production car. GT blocks are the strongest blocks ever cast by Ford, much stronger than the Teskid blocks which are holding over 1300hp. Many of the top dogs in the modular community strongly feel the GT block will do up to 2000hp right out of the box.

Pipelion said:
#0. This car is moded to extremes and beat into the ground constantly. Lots of track and strip action.

It could break the first time out. When you start making power like that it's not a question of how long but how fast.

Pipelion said:
#2. Second This GT is driven for fun and excitement. Lots of hot laps around one's area. Let's say 20-30% of the time the motors working hard. (Tracked a few times).

On a stock longblock? 100K miles easy. There are guys in the 03/04 cobra boat with over 60K miles on a pully and aftermarket tune setup with no problems. The GT engine is far superior to the Cobras...

Pipelion said:
#3 Third, the Ford GT that is driven like a normal car. Long normal driving, cross country, local cruses, etc. Only the occational "get on it bitch". How many miles will this motor run? (Never tracked)

Lord knows...longer than 2.

From what I've heard Ford has/had? a GT going around a circle track everyday at triple digit speeds. Have there been any problems with it...not sure.

I'm sure DBK can provide some better info for you on this subject.

Last edited:

Pipelion

WOW....... 50 BMG, that's interesting.

Thanks,

Allan

PS That is nice to know it is one strong motor!!!!! :cheers

PSS I knew no head or block work is needed, I ment needed after wear and tear or just tear.

Last edited:

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
the GT engine passed all of ford's standard durability tests (I believe over 300 hours at peak torque) so I would imagine it will go over 200k miles.