Wichita, KS
How can one find out their car number?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Last 4 numbers of your VIN # is the build number for the model year. The Build date is on the Driver side door sticker.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
STORMCAT said:
Last 4 numbers of your VIN # is the build number for the model year. The Build date is on the Driver side door sticker.

Actually the cars are not built in VIN sequence. The build number is different that the VIN number. There is no where to look it up that I know of. Maybe someone at Ford with an inside connection will read this thread and send you a PM offering to help.

SVTregistry

Jan 16, 2006
NYC
so they did use SVT build #'s to represent the true production sequence of the cars?

--Russ

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
Rich Martin

Actually,
I have done quite a bit of research on certain numbering schemes used by Ford and Saleen regarding build dates, VIIN's, and the actual serial number of the vehicles (this is actually called the Rotation Number). The VIIN IS NOT related to the actual build date or the rotation number. In most cases, it is close, but not accurate. The Rotation Number is the number to use.
The best way to know of this information is to try to find out if your dealer took any pictures of the vehicle before they may have removed the factory installed stickers. If they did, and you can get them, you will see what I am talking about. My work email is rmartin@dh-inc.com and I would be happy to send examples of the factory stickers that your car MAY have had on it when it was shipped to the dealer. Ford initially had quite a few stickers on the early cars, then started reducing the number of stickers as production progressed.
Hope this helps.
Rich Martin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hey Rich! Glad to see you here! :cheers

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime