Houston FORD GT owners made me do it

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Fubar,

Sounds like a great idea for a day this year, or weekend! Maybe meet in College Station, and we might get a some from Dallas, Houston, Austin (sorry Longhorns) and other areas. CS is pretty close to being in the middle for us all. We do a Houston Cobra Club run up to a resteraunt, Chicken Oil Company, in College Station a couple times a year and it has plenty of room and parking. Texas World Speedway has weekend races through out the year.

http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/

Maybe we could do one in conjunction. They are having vintage races in a couple of weeks and do stuff all year. Might be something to look at!!

Larry

vramani

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2009
call me lets discuss 713-213-7241

Fubar,

Sounds like a great idea for a day this year, or weekend! Maybe meet in College Station, and we might get a some from Dallas, Houston, Austin (sorry Longhorns) and other areas. CS is pretty close to being in the middle for us all. We do a Houston Cobra Club run up to a resteraunt, Chicken Oil Company, in College Station a couple times a year and it has plenty of room and parking. Texas World Speedway has weekend races through out the year.

http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/

Maybe we could do one in conjunction. They are having vintage races in a couple of weeks and do stuff all year. Might be something to look at!!

Larry

call me lets discuss 713-213-7241

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
JCSB, Congrat's on your purchase of your GT. Rick Titus is a close friend of mine as we raced against his Father (Jerry) in the 60's. (Another story). When he ordered the GT it was ordered as you purchased it (no Stripes). He was going to sell it to me if I couldn't get an allocation for one as a Ford Dealer (another story). I purchased a new one from another dealer friend in Abilene, Texas and Rick had to sell it back to Ford in their agreement. It did not have Carroll's signature on it when he owned it although he could have got it anytime. 2nd owner obtained it. The Gt was in the 2005 video with Rick that was made for 2005 Dealers to have a copy and is somewhat scarce now as Ford holds the rights to the original and won't reproduce them. It was Babyied when Rick owned it but told me "I had too many Cars, and didn't keep it". Enjoy it knowing Rick Titus owned it who works very close with Ford today. I am trying to get him to come to GT-IV gathering in Texas as he is a great Race Driver ,as his dad was and loves the Ford GT .He is a great speaker and a gentleman. Tomy Hamon PS thats my 2 cents.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Tomy,
Thanks alot for the history on the car. I've been very fortunate to have owned a number of exotic cars (still have a Testarossa to go with the GT) and find the car incredible to drive. I look forward to meeting some of the owners in the area.

John

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Hi Guys,
I just got my 05 GT friday. I traded in a Lambo Gallardo and Aston Martin Vantage for it. The GT is amazing. I have owned numerous exotics and fast cars, but this is really something. I kept my Ferrari Testarossa and I had the pulley change and tune done prior to shipping. I wanted to thank Shelby at Elite for all he's done. Hope to meet you guys someday.

John

Congrats!

Damn, I love that car....if I didn't have mine, I would have been all over the blue stripe delete. Where do you live?

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Congrats!

Damn, I love that car....if I didn't have mine, I would have been all over the blue stripe delete. Where do you live?

Missouri City and really right on the border of Sugar Land. Hey and I have a question for you guys. Everytime I take my cars in to get an inspection sticker they always test the gas cap. What do they do for the GT?. :confused

John

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Missouri City and really right on the border of Sugar Land. Hey and I have a question for you guys. Everytime I take my cars in to get an inspection sticker they always test the gas cap. What do they do for the GT?. :confused

John

they will probably just ask where it's at. :biggrin

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
they will probably just ask where it's at. :biggrin

Good, I'm good at pointing. :lol You know the interesting part is I've noticed that many of the cars others have owned I have too! I not only like to drive fast I like to work on my cars.

John

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
You know the interesting part is I've noticed that many of the cars others have owned I have too! I not only like to drive fast I like to work on my cars.

Not a thing wrong with that :thumbsup

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Good, I'm good at pointing. :lol You know the interesting part is I've noticed that many of the cars others have owned I have too! I not only like to drive fast I like to work on my cars.

John

welcome john, I work on my cars too, right now I have my black one all apart dont ask why, I just got bored,:biggrin you know in the near future we will be having the gt guys in houston, once we know for sure I will start a thread to let the houston guys in on it, may be we can generate some buzz for everyone who want the gt guys to do some work on their cars.

meanwhile we are trying to get some of the owners for dinner this friday, if you can reply on the houston dinner thread, would like to meet you and some of the other new owner , will give us a chance to compare notes.:cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Not a thing wrong with that :thumbsup

what do you know about it:biggrin btw youre long overdue for your trip to houston:thumbsdow

vramani

GT Owner
Jan 25, 2009
Urban Speed February 8, 2009

THIS SUNDAY JOIN US and BRING FRIENDS SPOUSES.

Breakfast/Brunch will be served.

http://www.urbanspeed.com/index.php?option=com_eventlist&view=details&id=8&Itemid=53