History Channel Ford GT40 DVD, Get It!

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Just received the History Channel Ford GT40 DVD show and watched it. Fantastic! Lots of original not seen before footage of the GT40 program. Great interviews of people involved. You'll really like it.

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/...eCategoryId=&location=&parentcatid=&subcatid=

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Is it the same?

I have the one from the discovery channel,that is cool to.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I have the Discovery Channel version and it's completely different. The History Channel version is about the 1960's GT40 racing program only. Gives the history of how the program developed. Interviews with Ford executives who negeotiated with Ferrari for the purchase, and how Henry Ford came to the decision to develop the program. Clears up a lot of myths about exactly how it came to be, because of the interviews with the actual parties involved at the time. Rare footage of the development of the program, early racing footage from two years before the win at Le Mans in 1966. How engine and chassis were developed over time again with rare footage of that development. Play by play of each major race it was entered until the wins, and why they began to win. Very complete story for a 1 hour video. I know a lot of people may not be interested in the details of the original program, but I find it very interesting.

Last edited:

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Is the History Channel program the same as the one called Behind the Headlights on Speed?

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Is the History Channel program the same as the one called Behind the Headlights on Speed?

Good question. I didn't see that show, so I don't know. Did it have Moody's son in it explaining about how the chassis was built for example? Did it have interviews with Don Frey discussing his negeotiations he had with Enzo Ferrari? Just a couple of specifics. I'm pretty sure this was a History Channel produced show, so I kind of don't think so.

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California

No, I saw that, this is different.