HIGH roller

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
me and my 2001 Viper ACR took 1st place at the "HIGH roller" 1 mile top speed shootout at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas last month. of the 23 cars there i achieved the fastest speed at this race. i won the 180 mph class with a perfect speed of 180.000 mph and i won the 175 mph class with a speed of 175.5 mph. i was the only one at this race with a perfect speed regardless of class. my first two runs were disqualified because i went to fast :lol but i did see the scoreboard at the finish line post my speed of 182.9 mph as i flew by it on my first run, so......

on my first run i only used the 150 shot of nitrous in 4th, 5th and 6th gear only. if i would have used it in 2nd and 3rd gear as well i think i would have covered the mile at a speed of 185.9 mph. my GPS said that the runway resides at 1,850 feet above sea level. i did not have my weather station with me to get a corrected density altitude but the air temps hit 100+ degrees by noon and the event was shut down a couple of hours early due to the heat. i bet that the density altitude was about 3,700 feet above sea level with that kind of heat. there were no winds of anykind and the 11,000 foot long runway that we raced on was dead level.

anyway, i beat 11 corvettes as well as many other types of cars. two of those vettes were C6 Z06's. my buddy Scott won the 170 mph class in his bone stock C6 Z06 with the fastest speed of 166.5 mph. the modified C6 Z06 that ran in my class got 2nd place with a fastest speed of 176.4 mph. his mods consisted of intake, headers, cam and tune etc. the only other viper at this event was a 2006 with twin turbos. he was in the 190 mph class but broke on his first run when he left the starting line. unfortunately there were no Ford GT's there :confused

hopefully next year they will do this event again and there will be a bigger turnout of racers with some more competition for me. this event was put together at the very last minute and thus the reason for the low turnout. the surface of the runway was way better than the Texas mile. and the return road and the pits were completely clean of all rocks, stones and pebbles unlike the Texas mile which sand blasted and pitted my very expensive and hard to replace Forgeline VR1 wheels :mad

here is a link to the results > http://www.openroadracing.com/html/2008hrms.html

scan-3.jpg

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats Freddy!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats!!!!! :thumbsup Sounds like a heck of a good time. :cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
sweet!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i look forward to going back there someday and joining their 200 mph club in my Ford GT :cool

Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Awesome !

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Ataboy! :thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
well i just got word from the top that as a result of the economy the 2009 HIGH roller events have been cancelled. they were gonna have a race in the spring and the fall. that really sux because this was by far and away the best race i have ever done. Nellis Air Force base is the headquarters for the Thunderbirds. the logistics that had to be overcome to put a race like this on at a active base such as Nellis which is in such close proximity to area 51 are HUGE. i am very fortunate to have been part of what might well be a once in a life time opportunity :bow

in addition to getting to see some F-15 eagle fighter jets up close and personal and meeting some very unique fighter pilots i got to see some things that the average racer will never get to see. after the racing was done they took us into a special room for the awards ceremony. it was setup like a movie theater and had a stage in front, etc. on the side walls were tons of framed pics of fighter jets in action at war. they had special cameras mounted on the outside of the fuselage of their jets that would take the most incredibly clear and vivid pix of missiles being fired off from the wings of their fighters as they were on there way to kill enemy jets in dog fights and strike hard targets on the ground, etc. i have searched the internet HIGH and low to find pix like this and they are just no where to be found like the ones i saw on those walls. on the back wall was all the plaques for what appeared to be the Air Forces version of TOP GUN. i was just blown away to stand in that room in front of those people and win all those medals and walk away with a "Trifecta" no pun intended lol :cool

when i was a teenager i always wanted to be a fighter jet pilot but i could never bring myself to join the Air Force as there is no guarantee that you will get assigned to that role. this was one race i will never forget :usa

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
that sucks, I wanted to attend.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
RED FLAG @ Nellis

well i just got word from the top that as a result of the economy the 2009 HIGH roller events have been cancelled. they were gonna have a race in the spring and the fall. that really sux because this was by far and away the best race i have ever done. Nellis Air Force base is the headquarters for the Thunderbirds. the logistics that had to be overcome to put a race like this on at a active base such as Nellis which is in such close proximity to area 51 are HUGE. i am very fortunate to have been part of what might well be a once in a life time opportunity :bow

in addition to getting to see some F-15 eagle fighter jets up close and personal and meeting some very unique fighter pilots i got to see some things that the average racer will never get to see. after the racing was done they took us into a special room for the awards ceremony. it was setup like a movie theater and had a stage in front, etc. on the side walls were tons of framed pics of fighter jets in action at war. they had special cameras mounted on the outside of the fuselage of their jets that would take the most incredibly clear and vivid pix of missiles being fired off from the wings of their fighters as they were on there way to kill enemy jets in dog fights and strike hard targets on the ground, etc. i have searched the internet HIGH and low to find pix like this and they are just no where to be found like the ones i saw on those walls. on the back wall was all the plaques for what appeared to be the Air Forces version of TOP GUN. i was just blown away to stand in that room in front of those people and win all those medals and walk away with a "Trifecta" no pun intended lol :cool

when i was a teenager i always wanted to be a fighter jet pilot but i could never bring myself to join the Air Force as there is no guarantee that you will get assigned to that role. this was one race i will never forget :usa

An old friend who was the commander at Nellis sent me this. A fantastic watch................enjoy....GO BLU www.hulu.com/watch/24197/fighter-pilot-operation-red-flag

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
An old friend who was the commander at Nellis sent me this. A fantastic watch................enjoy....GO BLU www.hulu.com/watch/24197/fighter-pilot-operation-red-flag

Schweeeeet George!!! Thanks

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

that was a cool vid :cool it was very insightful. thanx 4 sharin it :thumbsup

i like your sig pic :usa is that your GT in that pic and are you a pilot?