High Mileage Thread - Post Your Numbers

Hugh

Mar 27, 2006
Since I drive the hell out of any car that I've ever owned I'm curious to see what kind of mileage numbers you guys have accumulated up till now and what kind of issues you've had with the car. I will not be unusual for me to rack up between 20,000 and 40,000 the first year I have my GT. My very first exotic, a new 1986 Lotus Turbo Esprit was a horrow show during the one year that I owned it and basically just died after one year and 40K miles. My first NSX in 1993 went a year and 45,000 miles with no issues. My current NSX, a '93 I bought 2 1/2 years ago with 70K miles on it now has 163,000 miles and has had no issues except for "consumables" such has hoses, timing belt etc. needing replacement. In fact the original clutch lasted until 130K miles.

I wouldn't even consider a Lambo or Ferrari (there's a reason they come standard with fire extinguishers :biggrin ) but the GT seems like it could fit the bill. The drivetrain seems very sound (the British tranny makes me a bit nervous though) but the engine should be bulletproof. I've purchaed the service manual and been reading it and there's really nothing on the car I couldn't fix myself down the road after the warranty expires. Anyway, enough ranting, lets hear your experiences.