High mileage Ford GT

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Great story Pockets. I've had the idea in the back of my mind for several months, but now it's pretty much a done deal -- I'll be taking it back.

The funny thing is, my car in high school was a 1970 Plymouth GTX that I still own. I just got it restored last summer and stuck it in my Dad's garage in Denver because I'm out of room (thanks Dad!) and I figured it would freak out my friends to see THAT car. But there's often more than one event at these things, so I'll drive the old American iron to one gathering, and the new American iron to the other.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
After about 3 hours of pretty much constant badgering by them ('literal truth) to bring the car down there (which I didn't really want to do for a variety of reasons), I went home, got the GT, and brought it down to the event for a bit so they could "lookie-loo"... then took it back home and returned to the reunion in the S-10 again! :lol

Pockets, I am glad you drove the car at least once before selling it! Maybe really 3 times if you include driving into the garage when you bought it and out when it was sold.

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
I LOVE hearing these stories. I know I drove one of the press cars at 23,000 miles at Laguna and it was still awesome.

At almost 12,000 miles I was actually starting to think I should maybe ease up, but after reading this thread $*#@ that! My 20-year high-school reunion is happening back in Denver this summer. Guess I know what I'm driving from L.A. back there to freak out the old buddies. :cheers

Enzo BTR
30 year reunion was a blast worth the drive and the rain could have made a "worth it"comercial.:banana:cheers:cool:party Have fun.
6000 miles only oil changes, half shaft bolts and still no AM radio reception on the mac.
FLY GT40

Last edited:

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Pockets, I am glad you drove the car at least once before selling it! Maybe really 3 times if you include driving into the garage when you bought it and out when it was sold.

OUCH :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

I'll have yew know, Mr. Smarty Pants, I put 778.2 miles on that car...and NO! They WEREN'T all put on going to & from that reunion!!! SHUDDUP.:mad:bang

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I'll have yew know, Mr. Smarty Pants, I put 778.2 miles on that car...and NO! They WEREN'T all put on going to & from that reunion!!! SHUDDUP.:mad:bang

So the transport truck must have had the wrong address and delivered the GT about 300 miles off. Am I right?

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I think we have to change Empty Pockets status to "former owner" no disrespect intended , but when I saw the previous recent posts with "owner" listed, I thought he had either changed his mind about the sale, or rebought. I was in the midst of a hooray when I checked further and found the "sold" was still "sold". bummer. We love you with gt or without, Pockets.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I think we have to change Empty Pockets status to "former owner" no disrespect intended , but when I saw the previous recent posts with "owner" listed, I thought he had either changed his mind about the sale, or rebought. I was in the midst of a hooray when I checked further and found the "sold" was still "sold". bummer. We love you with gt or without, Pockets.

Hey, SR, Mike, Frankie and me own the BEATTHEXXXXOUTOFLARRY franchise, your cutting in our market. We actually like him,... we sort of..:lol:biggrin:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Krymuny. It's pick on Pockets night.

AGAIN. :rolleyes :skep :tongue

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Who the heck is this "Pockets" guy ?????? :rofl:biggrin

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Urban Legend?

Who the heck is this "Pockets" guy ?????? :rofl:biggrin

Rich,

I herd he was some guy out on the West Coast that once claimed to own a FGT.

Don't know if it's true, or just a rumor.

No one ever saw him or the supposed GT.

Could be one of them "Urban Legends", who knows?:lol:lol:lol

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I wasn't meaning to bash on Larry. I haven't met him personally yet, but the forum lets you get to know some of the others a bit. The GT just gives me such delight it would give me a warm fuzzy to know Empty Pockets was once again able to share that feeling. Like when you run into another owner and the GT perma-grin sets in because you know and he knows and the folks that think they can imagine it are out by a power of ten. I was just on my way back from home depot and had to stop by the garage where Roxanne (the dealer said I had to name her--like Eleanor from gone in sixty seconds, Christine etc)--where Roxanne is stored since it was on the way. Midnight blue/white stripes/red brembos, like Pockets'. She was cold, it's well below freezing here now and the mice would be too attracted if the space was heated, but she waits for me and I wait for spring. The problem here is that the city waits to be sure of that last snowfall of spring before they sweep the chipper gravel away. Even in the cold She is still the most beautiful piece of mechanical art I have ever seen. We got to drive together until mid november last year. I once sat in front of a pile of money-about 300,000- and it was kind of wow but nothing like the WOW factor of the GT. So Pockets, did yours have a name? Now THAT'S bashing on Larry.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
opps, sorry Fred, forgot to mention, your on the team that is authorized to pick on Pockets.

Mr SR. before you can bash Larry you need to increase your post count to 750 :)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
We bashers of Pockets have to protect our franchise... correct Fred?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
opps, sorry Fred, forgot to mention, your on the team that is authorized to pick on Pockets.

Mr SR. before you can bash Larry you need to increase your post count to 750 :)

We bashers of Pockets have to protect our franchise... correct Fred?

Gosh, I was feeling a little left out there for a while.:bs

But much better now.:thumbsup

Thanks Bony.:cheers

NOW WHERE'S THIS GUY POCKETS? :bang

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Sorry Mr. Moderator. Here I had been going for just gems of contribution, now I guess I've got to build some volume 'cause busting Mr. Pockets is just too much fun, in the good cause of getting him with GT once again. only 725 posts to go.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
724 posts to go...........

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:rolleyes ...May the lice of 10,000 camels grow and fester in your armpits... may the sewers of Rangoon back up into your breakfasts... and may you all be cursed with a permanent case of the gallopin' trots. :bored :slap

('appologies to J. Carson)

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
How many miles on your SR71? I see its black with no stripes:thumbsup

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Classified--I could tell you but then, well, you know. And all your friends would wonder "what ever happened to good old tp?" Debating on a white paint/stripes delete (great white north camo), but she looks so good in basic black.