Hey STUNTS

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
What's a burn like this worth? Fast forward to about 2:40 minute mark.

I saw this flick a couple years ago at a midnight showing and always thought it was a really cool shot. Not to mention it's got Jackson C. Frank (super sad story) playing in the background.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
DBK,
If you have ever seen a movie in LA and wondered why everyone stays in the theatre and watches the credits. This is why...

First name I noticed is Pat Russo as the assistant Prop Master.
Pat is the Prop Master on CSI NY and I've worked with him for the last 5 seasons. Also, his brother ran the Ent. aspect of Universal Studios Hollywood "Theme Park" Worked for him for 10 years roughly.

Then we get to the Stunt Credits.
Fire Burn Tech: Mark Chadwick, know him and have worked with him. One of the if not THE best Fire Tech guy in the BIZ... a true chemist...

Double: Chad Guerrero, younger guy, worked with him and he is the kid in the current Nascar commercial where he puts on the sweatshirt and gets blown around the room and exits frame by jumping on and sliding across the coffee table..

Stunt Driver: Danny Downey, Steph use to train gymnastics/martial arts with him.... a true talent... great, humble guy

Coordinator: Carl Rice, Excellent wheel man, was actually my instructor years ago when I took my 1st stunt driving course..

Safety: Casey Adams, worked with him for years at WaterWorld Stunt Show, stand up comic..

So, anyways, back to the question. The truth is, in these days its worth what the particular Coordinator thinks its worth.... I know, where's your answer.. I was once told that after 5 seconds of a full body burn, it's $1,000 a second from there on out... This relates to high budget blockbuster type films...

But nowadays where penny pinching is everywhere and rightfully so, that particular burn could have been alot less... but since I know these guys, I'll put a call out and see if I can actually get you the full budget for that particular GAG... remember, there were 5 stunt guys involved in this gag with prep work etc.... I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't close to $30K for this and that's on a low ball side....