Hey Ford!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Give the design reins to the guys in EUROPE :banana

It may be slightly controversial but it's making a statement!

mondeo09.jpg

mondeo10.jpg

mondeo01.jpg

mondeo04.jpg

I look forward to seeing the sedan version...

I always dig Ford of Europe's cars.

Puma
Mondeo
Euro Spec Focus

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would buy a Focus RS if they brought it here, or a 350hp TT version of a car like this one. It's a good looking car, put a nice motor in it, send it here. Screw re-engineering it for American shores. A good car is a good car regardless of continent...

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
The Interior is real nice. I am not diggin' the front "Darth Vader" lower grill, but it is definately in the right direction. The headlights are pretty cool too. I'll take a 500HP one please! :biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I like the car. Are those production photos?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think it's a "concept" officially, but it's one of those 99% will translate to the production car type concepts...I'd expect maybe a few regulation-driven changes will be made but I'd bank on what you see pretty much being what you get.

Florida Chris said:
I like the car. Are those production photos?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Now how does that meet the new, "tough" front end standards for pedestrians?

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Yea!!!! Start the lobbying!! Is that thing sharp or what!!

Replace the 500 with that now. And then start importing more of that look. Why is it that european's are ready for that, yet we americans get the 500 styling.

I have made this point to the very few people that cared what a dealer thought over the past 10 years and everyone has a bs reason. That they are different markets, yet Toyota and Honda seem to pump out the same stuff for both markets.

Please make this thread go on and on!!!!

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
No doubt about it, the Ford aussie and euro cars rock in both styling and power.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
That styling doesn’t seem as cutting edge as this:

Ford%20GT90%20Concept-2.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
PILOTJPW1 said:
I have made this point to the very few people that cared what a dealer thought over the past 10 years and everyone has a bs reason. That they are different markets, yet Toyota and Honda seem to pump out the same stuff for both markets.

Please make this thread go on and on!!!!

The real reason is simple: stupidity. You can coat it in a couple hundred different layers but in the end it's stupidity. People don't want to get eliminated because they are redundant, and what would they do if they didn't have perfectly good cars to re-engineer, dumb down, and re-style when they come from other markets? Everyone wants to be the big shot and it's a bitter pill to swallow when some guy from another continent designs a car better than the ones you make.

Same reason the Mondeo flopped as the Contour. De-contented, softened, improperly marketed. Same reason the Focus here is a generation behind. The Focus here is a good car, but the European version is simply BETTER.

It's almost like a government bureaucracy and not a corporation in that respect. Imagine the cost savings Ford would have if they had a truly WORLD Focus. Imagine the cost savings if they canned the 500 and had a WORLD Mondeo. The Japanese have figured it out, why can't the domestics? I recall hearing that you can count the number of platforms Toyota has on one hand, and Ford had around 35. :bang We're still playing why buy one when you can have two for twice the price.

I know one guy that lobbies hard for this, but nobody listens to him...

p.s don't even get me started on all the cool toys the Aussies get

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dave, isn't this the new Mazda selling here and on commercials with a little front fascia change?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
how about this from MBZ?

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 76

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
DBK said:
People don't want to get eliminated because they are redundant, and what would they do if they didn't have perfectly good cars to re-engineer, dumb down, and re-style when they come from other markets? It's almost like a government bureaucracy and not a corporation in that respect.

Ford need to clean house the right way and fast! People are either leaders, followers or impediments. It sound like Ford has too many people in the impediment dept! If people don't add value to the company they should be asked to leave. Bring on the best cars no matter where they are designed from, promote the winners, dump the losers.

BlackICE

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, that MB really looks like it should be the new Bony-mobile. If you honk it I'll bet it sounds like a bonaphone.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Come on Bony,

That thing is wo- fugly. Look at the doors lines. I cant believe they even let it be photographed. and that color went out 4 years ago!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
That MB is ugly ugly ugly. Why don't they take the Mustang and make a couple different models out of it

Mustang truck
Mustang stationwagon
Mustang sedan
Mustang hatchback
etc.....
yada yada yada :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Interesting thing is in Australia they have the Falcon truck which is a passenger car front end with cab, and all the versions Tim asks for... why those cars stay down under is beyond me. Holden has a similar versions.