Hey DBK, How about a little history?

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I am sure many of us don't know anything about you and what led you to create this wonderful forum.

As the great guru how about going public with a little info. It may even cause more of us to become more involved with the forum.

Yey or Ney!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
DBK is an interesting dollop created by the Architect to keep us all amused here.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
DBK is an interesting dollop created by the Architect to keep us all amused here.

:rofl :lol :rofl
:banana :banana

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Long story short, I had been involved with Corvettes for many years because there was no Ford "sports" car. I knew the guy that started Corvetteforum from our local gatherings, and when the GT finally hit the streets, there was no forum for it. I thought about what a cool life he led post-Cforum startup, just living in that world. I had the opportunity to drive an early CP car and was hooked on the virtues of the car. It was about 400 leagues above my Z06.

There were sites like SVTperformance where people talked about the car, but not one with any who actually knew anything about the car, and even less with anyone who owned one. Mulled it over, waffled over the time and effort it would take (I didn't know anything about this internet stuff when I started), said what the hell, figured it out in a weekend, and here we are today. Found a couple guys I knew with the car, directed em this way, and let word of mouth run it's course. Ended up hooking up with quite a few of the GT team guys because of the site, and it became the place to be for FGT guys...

The Architect

Ergo..vis a vis...concordantly
Jan 1, 1970
The Source
Just read the signature.

:bored

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for the insight! Thanks for all that you have done to make this such a great place. In fact today, one of our forum members, "Centerpunch" drove over 200 miles in the snow from Cincinnati just to meet me in person. If it wasn't for the Ford GT forum, there are many new friends out there that I would have otherwise never met. Job well done Dave!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Thanks!!

I am somewhat amazed,you have run such a cool forum, I was sure you were going to say you had run several of these before.

Are you a born blue kid and all ways in Detroit?

Many thanks to you!! The forum has just become better and better. With great comedy and insight of our cars. I think I came across the sight a week after I recieved the car and had so many questions and no one to call.

So Cheers to you. Time for a drink. It's been a tough week being a Ford dealer.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
DBK & Architect

No one has actually ever seen the Architect and DBK in the same place at the same time.

Just read the signature.

:bored

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
No one has actually ever seen the Architect and DBK in the same place at the same time.

"The trouble with super heroes is what to do between phone booths."
- Ken Kesey

:cool :biggrin :cool

Aug 25, 2006
"The trouble with super heroes is what to do between phone booths."
- Ken Kesey

:cool :biggrin :cool

and never will

I have shared before that from the onset this has remained likely the finest Forum out there.

GREAT JOB and thank you

Shadowman

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
said what the hell, figured it out in a weekend, and here we are today. Found a couple guys I knew with the car, directed em this way, and let word of mouth run it's course. Ended up hooking up with quite a few of the GT team guys because of the site, and it became the place to be for FGT guys...

..................and I for one am appreciative !:thumbsup

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Dave has done a great job with the forum. I am on it at least 30 times a day. I think of everyone on here as a friend, and I enjoy all the posts and insights that are shared on this forum. Unlike many other forums, this forum has people from many different walks of life. The brotherhood here is fantastic, and I am very grateful for all the time and effort that it took to create this forum.
I know Dave is too much of a gentleman to keep asking, but for those of you that have not done so already, I urge anyone that actively participates here to consider upgrading their account with a paid subscription. It helps to keep things running here. It's a great way to say thank you, and a great way to ensure that the forum stays active for many years to come.:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Dave has done a great job with the forum. I am on it at least 30 times a day. I think of everyone on here as a friend, and I enjoy all the posts and insights that are shared on this forum. Unlike many other forums, this forum has people from many different walks of life. The brotherhood here is fantastic, and I am very grateful for all the time and effort that it took to create this forum.
I know Dave is too much of a gentleman to keep asking, but for those of you that have not done so already, I urge anyone that actively participates here to consider upgrading their account with a paid subscription. It helps to keep things running here. It's a great way to say thank you, and a great way to ensure that the forum stays active for many years to come.:thumbsup

Glad you said it first:cheers

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Like the car - the forum is addictive:cheers

Good info - good friends, good humor and dont forget them halfshafts GTJOEY:cheers

GTx

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2006
Mansfield, Texas
This form has enhanced my GT ownership experience exponentially and I am eternally grateful for DBK efforts:thumbsup

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
+ 1,000,000.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
DBK,
I agree with all that was said and more!! This has become my new Cyber brotherhood !!!

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
DBK, Thankyou much! This forum has helped me more than you know. It is an addiction I can live well with.

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Yea, what they said. I will add that the forum helped me out very much with my decision to buy the FGT. Eshrink in particular was one who helped me with my FGT madness!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I also wish to thank you for the forum. I enjoy reading everyones ideas, concerns, and experiences. I can't wait to get my car from the Genaddi Group! And because I love the car so much, another may be in the works. Because 2 is always better than 1! :cheers