Heritage GT40

djslicer

GT Owner
Jul 6, 2006
This is a great look alike for the Heritage GT.

Make by Superformance of South Africa. 90% of parts are interchangeble with the original GT40.

If you like I have more picts.

DJ

Attachments

• IMG_1690.JPG
    IMG_1690.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 457

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Pretty sure Gordo bought one of these...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
yup, he did.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada

Attachments

• Varac1.jpg
    Varac1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 425

djslicer

GT Owner
Jul 6, 2006
Bony,

I can't find Gordo in the Registry. Where does he live? Are the colors he bought the same as the pict?

Thanks
DJ

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
I'll answer this before Bony:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/member.php?u=689

Gordo goes by FB GT40

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Cav GT40

Hi - been off the board for about a month. Down in South Africa on Safari and also got some track time in the GT40 and also in last year's Barber Pro Series single seaters. Lots of fun.

My car is the CAV version of the GT40 in Gulf livery - at around 450 BHP. Made in (Westlake) Cape Town. I've looked at many re-creations and in my opinion the CAV stands top of the list. The quality and attention to detail is excellent throughout. See: http://www.cav.co.za/ It's no Ford GT - but an iconic tribute to the original. She drives like a beast to boot!

Next upgrade is to 17 inch wheels. The 15's while looking authentic - have just too much side wall flex for comfort. Okay around town - but not good at speed.

Gordo.
Charleston, SC

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Photos

Here are a few photos -

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 308
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 470

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Le Mans

This is the pace car from the Le Mans support races last year. It's also a CAV.
Tony Dron loved it.

Gordo.

djslicer

GT Owner
Jul 6, 2006
Gordo,
Thanks for all the info.
I heard that Superformance and CAV were somehow linked together.

Did you see the Superformance GT40 while in South Africa?

I have the Heritage GT and am thinking about getting the Superformance in Gulf Livery.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

djslicer

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Gordo,
Thanks for all the info.
I heard that Superformance and CAV were somehow linked together.

Did you see the Superformance GT40 while in South Africa?

I have the Heritage GT and am thinking about getting the Superformance in Gulf Livery.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

djslicer

I thought Superformance bought CAV? Or maybe it was the other way around... Either way the CAV is by far the best GT40 kit/replica/near turn key GT40 made.

I actually have a twin turbo Pantera engine with the ZF tranny sitting in my back shop just begging to be dropped in one of those. Maybe if I get a yellow one the wife wont notice. Hmmmm

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Gt40

The two companies are different, independent and competitors. The CAV is the better of the two. It's stainless chassis is remarkable. See the torsional stiffness test on their web site. It's also got a lot more room inside - especially since the seat pan is lower by 2 inches. It's a first class job, with great attention to detail. I just spent 3 weeks driving mine. If you want one for track use only they are in the process of offering a race version. Lighter & stiffer. PM me with your address and I'll send you a CD with photos and video.

Gordo.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Here are a few photos -

Screw the car - I want to move in down there - that is beautiful :banana

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
FB so you bought the Lemans car from CAV. Congrats! The picture earlier in this thread is my Gulf GT40. Last year I led the drivers parade lap in my GT40 at the Toronto Indy. Great car!!. I have not seen in person nor have I been in the SPF GT40 yet to compare. But I will go with your opinion.:banana

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
How does the head room in a CAV compare to a FGT?

bgb27

Jan 26, 2007
any pictures of the interior?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
How does the head room in a CAV compare to a FGT?

I sat in a CAV at a car meet. Boy, I will tell you that the extra 10 percent in size for the GT means a lot. I am 6'1" and had trouble getting in the CAV and not hitting my knees on the dash. May have just been that car, but too small for me - felt claustrophobic. But - very nice car and appeared to e very well done and sounded great.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
BlackIce most cars can handle people over 6' by a couple of inches. The pedal box is adjustable for taller/shorter people. Also with CAV Canada cars we can drop the floor pan by 1-1.5 inches. Inside it actually feels like there is more room in the CAV because the center console is extremely narrow and short. It is simply their to cover the tranny shifting linkage, parking brake, and brake bias. Also no center pouch/Mcintosh speaker. The other item we developed was a quick disconnect steering wheel which make it much easier to get in and out of. Also great for security at a car show. Just take the steering wheel with you.:rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
want to have fun, try registering one in Kalifornia, SB1578 hello... 500 slots available on the first business day of the year.

Personally, if I had to have one, and having been to the old plant of CAV (Cape Advanced Vehicles) and recently visiting High-Tech (Superformance) I would have to go with Jimmy Price. The Superformance gets to use the continuation serial numbers, nomenclature "GT40" and goes in the Shelby registry.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Cav

There is more room in the revamped (new owners, new factory) CAV. Lots of head room too. No problem for a 6 footer. I had to have the seat raised 2 inches as it was too low for me stock. I’m 5’ 8” I’ve seen both Superformance and CAV – could have bought either, I chose CAV. It’s no FGT – but it’s a hoot to drive. The exhaust it pretty raw too. I love it!

AZGT – I run tours down there from time to time. Just back from a custom 6 person tour and photo safari. They had the time of their lives. PM me if you want info. I can send you a photo CD.

G.