Heritage Ford GT and huge collection for sale

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Going to miss your avatar Gulf :thumbsup

Good luck with the sale and your next adventure!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
To prevent seat bolster wear.slide the seat all the way back when getting out

Tomcat

GT Owner
Ben, ditto your sentiments. A double-clutch automatic tranny with paddle shifters is way better than any human can be with a manny tranny, but to me it just isn't as engaging. One thing I really like about FGT's is that they are simple cars (by 21st Century standards). They aren't 27 networked computers flying in formation around 4 wheels. I take pride in doing my own work, so I appreciate that I can maintain and modify them myself. That also makes them more engaging for me.

Somebody said the FGT was the last analog supercar...or the only analog hypercar.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Going to miss your avatar Gulf :thumbsup

Good luck with the sale and your next adventure!

^^ Agreed ^^

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
To prevent seat bolster wear.slide the seat all the way back when getting out

Ron, Most guys (you and me excluded) drive with the seat all the way back.

Extreme281

Extreme281
Aug 23, 2009
Link to picks is blocked/lock , interested in the Heritage but i dont know if i need 150,000 worth Heritage Memorabilia .Ill pm you

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Those seat covers seem to have button holes. I spoke with the fabricator and his pictures show no such holes.

http://bsmooth.com/

Do you have any info on the fabricator? I'm trying to locate a set o bsmooth seat covers..thanks

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Some of you know that I have struggled with this decision for some time, but I have finally decided to let my Heritage Ford GT go to a new home. No other Heritage Ford GT in the world has such a rare combination of options; factory Gurney Bubble, prototype fuel filler lid, 3.90 short gear ratio, and on and on. My Ford GT memorabilia collection is one of the best in existence if not the best. I have over $170,000 in receipts of upgrades to the car and over $30,000 in memorabilia, and I realize that I can only get a fraction of that investment over the price of a stock Heritage, so someone is going to get a heck of a deal. It is a 1250 mile car. Price is $500,000 OBO.

If I were you, I would call Barret Jackson. Ron Pratt is sellng his entire collection there next year, gonna be some serious money in the room. They will come pick this up lock, stock, and barrel and I bet you will exceed what you are asking if you did it through them. Negotiate the hell out of them but the people with the money to buy this turnkey will be in the audience come January next year. My $.02

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think he sold the car already.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Wow that didn't take long, I would assume that quick of a sale the car didn't get discounted much. Was watching "What's My Car Worth" last night (2011 filming) and Reggie Jackson's Blue no stripe 200 mile car went to auction. The pre-sale estimate was 165K the owner was hoping for 170K but was happy when it hammered at 160K. Times have changed.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
No not sold yet.

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
If I were you, I would call Barret Jackson. Ron Pratt is sellng his entire collection there next year, gonna be some serious money in the room. They will come pick this up lock, stock, and barrel and I bet you will exceed what you are asking if you did it through them. Negotiate the hell out of them but the people with the money to buy this turnkey will be in the audience come January next year. My $.02

I have dealer friend that is advising me to do just that. We'll see.

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Pm sent

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Car is sold and gone. But I still have the collection of memorabilia to sell, see my post in products for your GT.

Last edited:

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
PM sent, thanks!

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Can you comment on what car you are getting for a replacement? It has got to be something special.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Congrats on the sale. Someone will be very lucky

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Can you comment on what car you are getting for a replacement? It has got to be something special.

I personally like the LFA. Not a popular choice for many but after spending time in one the level of engineering is quite impressive. Closest to F1 engine I have ever driven or heard in a road car. Prices are very soft as it is unloved for now but that is going to change someday. It is greater than the sum of its parts, was built in short supply, and is historically significant due to its bespoke construction process and level of fanatical detail.