Heritage for sale

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Why sell the GT you and your wife bought new only to buy a used one to drive? Only 4038 of us are able to say we are the original owners. Drive your car and enjoy it. While I'm sure your Heritage is beautiful parked in the garage all gleaming and festooned with the factory decals, that's nothing compared to the driving experience. You're not doing some great service to humanity by preserving the car for future generations. I say wear the car out and rebuild it when necessary (or better yet, let your kids rebuild it).

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
you wanna trade?

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
not necessarily with me but maybe with me or someone else...???

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Swapping

not necessarily with me but maybe with me or someone else...???

Are we talking about cars here?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Are we talking about cars here?

:lol:lol:lol

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
What else could we possibly be talking about?? :bored :rofl

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Driving

I bought my GT to drive. It's been in rain (driven in it even), gets an every other week bath (maybe) and has only had the leather "treated" once. Do I abuse it.. hell no. Do I drive it...hell YES! I told a friend of mine that in 30 years or so that for my kids sake that I hope leather and aluminum are at an all time high because I hope I have worn the car completely out by when I'm dead. Let me think.....my option is to keep it in a freakin' bubble in pristine condition so one of my son in laws can inherit it....hmmmm... hard decision. Going out on a limb here, but a Heritage car isn't any more special than any other GT IMO. I would immediately drive it to the nearest Sonic, spill a cherry slush in it, wipe it up best I could, let a couple of salt and peppers slip under the seat, and drive to the nearest WalMart and park between two cars. I told a friend of mine to do this with his new Mustang GT500. Man is he nervous and anal. I just don't get not enjoying something while we are able to. Yeh , I know to each his own and I'm off my soap box. I think I will go outside and put my intials in the wheel brake dust.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I bought my GT to drive. It's been in rain (driven in it even), gets an every other week bath (maybe) and has only had the leather "treated" once. Do I abuse it.. hell no. Do I drive it...hell YES! I told a friend of mine that in 30 years or so that for my kids sake that I hope leather and aluminum are at an all time high because I hope I have worn the car completely out by when I'm dead. Let me think.....my option is to keep it in a freakin' bubble in pristine condition so one of my son in laws can inherit it....hmmmm... hard decision. Going out on a limb here, but a Heritage car isn't any more special than any other GT IMO. I would immediately drive it to the nearest Sonic, spill a cherry slush in it, wipe it up best I could, let a couple of salt and peppers slip under the seat, and drive to the nearest WalMart and park between two cars. I told a friend of mine to do this with his new Mustang GT500. Man is he nervous and anal. I just don't get not enjoying something while we are able to. Yeh , I know to each his own and I'm off my soap box. I think I will go outside and put my intials in the wheel brake dust.

congats.... you get it:thumbsup so many don't:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
congats.... you get it:thumbsup so many don't:thumbsup

Sir Bony ... Sir Prowler:

AZGT has offered to council me during Goodguys/Scottsdale evidently in the hope of converting me to your point of view, oh great gurus.

I don't know if the therapy includes hypnotism or what, 'zactly, but, 'will advise as to the outcome...as will HE, I suppose!:lol :cheers:thumbsup

Ooops! Gotta go! I spotted a spec of fly poop on the GT's Rt rear fender!:eek

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sir Bony ... Sir Prowler:

AZGT has offered to council me during Goodguys/Scottsdale evidently in the hope of converting me to your point of view, oh great gurus.

I don't know if the therapy includes hypnotism or what, 'zactly, but, 'will advise as to the outcome...as will HE, I suppose!:lol :cheers:thumbsup

Ooops! Gotta go! I spotted a spec of fly poop on the GT's Rt rear fender!:eek

Wow , your eyes are better than what's been reported....:biggrin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Post of the year!

I would immediately drive it to the nearest Sonic, spill a cherry slush in it, wipe it up best I could, let a couple of salt and peppers slip under the seat, and drive to the nearest WalMart and park between two cars. I think I will go outside and put my intials in the wheel brake dust.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Prowler,

You just made my day! I haven't laughed this hard in a while. I just printed your post out and tacked it to my desk. You nailed it here. In 50 years we'll all be dead and it won't make any difference. Millions of people all over the world dream about these cars, fantasized about driving them, wish they could own one. Good fortune and a lot of hard work have put a Ford GT in the garage of about 3500 lucky souls. Some want to preserve the car perfectly until they're dead so that somebody else can enjoy driving it? :confused :confused :confused You can't take it with you. On second thought, perhaps they could belt my dead body into the driver's seat of my then 150,000 mile well maintained yellow GT, and bury the whole damn car! :thumbsup :banana :cheers No, better not, my son would hate me.

Chip

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I agree with Prowler in many ways. But disagree with a previous comment. Heritage cars are different than other GT's they really are the point of the spear on the whole nostalgia thing.

The only real problem with owning a heritage is when your out enjoying the car like they where meant to and some anal want to be cop calls the local dispatch on their cellphone .... its not like you can say "why no officer it was not me speeding it was that other orange and blue #65 car".:bored

The other colors are awesome ... but your guys car KIND OF blends into the crowd when you need to.

I can see moose's reasoning to buy another car to drive for that reason. I swear every time I drive my car it feels like I am part of another youtube segment. :ack

Sorry I am cranky this morning .... and its fricken raining here so the 20 minute drive in the GT that would make me happy is offset by the two hours it takes to get her clean again. :thumbsdow I need to invent a GT shower.

S

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
..... its not like you can say "why no officer it was not me speeding it was that other orange and blue #65 car".

I always tell them, “It was that guy with the number 65 on it, not number 6; something must have blurred your vision momentarily”.

Attachments

• #65.jpg
    #65.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 325

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The other colors are awesome ... but your guys car KIND OF blends into the crowd when you need :ack

Yew gotta be kiddin', right???:lol:rofl "Blends in"??? When has that EVER happened?:rofl

Try "blending in" when yurz is the only one in two adjacent counties!:lol:rofl

Stevie! Take yur meds, sir!:lol:rofl:cheers:thumbsup

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I agree with Prowler in many ways. But disagree with a previous comment. Heritage cars are different than other GT's they really are the point of the spear on the whole nostalgia thing.

The only real problem with owning a heritage is when your out enjoying the car like they where meant to and some anal want to be cop calls the local dispatch on their cellphone .... its not like you can say "why no officer it was not me speeding it was that other orange and blue #65 car".:bored

The other colors are awesome ... but your guys car KIND OF blends into the crowd when you need to.

I can see moose's reasoning to buy another car to drive for that reason. I swear every time I drive my car it feels like I am part of another youtube segment. :ack

Sorry I am cranky this morning .... and its fricken raining here so the 20 minute drive in the GT that would make me happy is offset by the two hours it takes to get her clean again. :thumbsdow I need to invent a GT shower.

S

Any Ford GT blends in" like Paris Hilton as a "Biggest Loser" contestant (no pun intended). The only place they blend in is when they are together and that is a beautiful sight. Call me in fifty years and we will discuss the value of a Heritage over a "plain" GT. Damn, I knew I should have bought that one on Ebay with the factory cruise. Now that is "The One". Steve, you and Chip are making me seriously consider opening an exotic car therapy school. It would be a nice addition to Bony's and my "school of wife training"(see post under General Discussion). Perhaps a "two-fer". Okay guys, take that and twist it all up lol. Did someone say "swap, two-fer and twist"? Oh boy! Now i have to go and drive my GT for 2hrs. in the rain and wash it for 20 minutes NEXT week. Did I invert those times? OOPS! Take care my brothers!

Last edited:

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
hey ..... last time we where all together more than one person said "where did all the corvette's come from!". So you guys can at least say "no that was that yellow vette that shot by me a while ago officer."

dude... I'm either a race car or a ferrari. .....

Oh Fred thats cause we where driving so fast we altered that time/space thing. Besides two numbers are always faster than one. :biggrin

As far as a school for Chip and I .... I'd gladly go to any school that Chip would like to attend. One he has great taste and two .... he's going to be the next president of the United States so ... I'm coveting favor.

vmercu

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2007
Blue Moose--I just sold my csx 4000 series cobra (owned for 7 yrs) and am about to buy a Heritage edition GT.. Where did you get that Gulf sticker and it is removable ?? Love it . Thanks Vito

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Blue Moose--I just sold my csx 4000 series cobra (owned for 7 yrs) and am about to buy a Heritage edition GT.. Where did you get that Gulf sticker and it is removable ?? Love it . Thanks Vito

Huhhhh???? There are NO stickers on this car that were not put there by the factory. Car is for sale. 2k miles $181,000 and PERFECT. 602-312-6672 John.

Last edited:

jimbo1

Aug 4, 2007
Is this car still for sale?

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Sold.