Hennessey!!

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
I handed my car over to Hennessey a couple of weeks ago for the GT700 package, which basically consists of a pulley, tune, maf recalibrator, filters, etc. This car went from fun to AWESOME! I can't believe how much difference it actually makes! I loved the car in stock form, but I always felt like it was lacking a little power, so this was just what the doctor ordered! They took great care of the car, and it runs just like stock until you mash the throttle! I am very impressed with the results!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Advance warning: Keep this thread on topic.

I know, the extra 100rwhp really makes the car more frenetic, but still totally controllable. I powerslide around all 90* turns now :lol

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
What size pulley did you get and what octane must you run?

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
DBK said:
Advance warning: Keep this thread on topic.

I know, the extra 100rwhp really makes the car more frenetic, but still totally controllable. I powerslide around all 90* turns now :lol

HAHA!!!! I do the same thing!!! It's MUCH more fun to drive!

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
shesgotlegs said:
What size pulley did you get and what octane must you run?

I'm not sure what size it is, but it's suppose to make 17lbs, and I just use premium gas like before.

Clax

GT Owner
Mar 22, 2006
Big Carrot said:
I'm not sure what size it is, but it's suppose to make 17lbs, and I just use premium gas like before.

If you car is making 17lbs, you should be running a minimum of 93-94 octane. If Hennessey didn't tell you that, then they should have.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
All of TX stations have 93. I'm glad I didn't have a tune going to Detroit. At one point all they had was 91. As long as you stay off boost you could run 87 or less. These are low compression engines until the boost comes on.

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Silverbullitt said:
All of TX stations have 93. I'm glad I didn't have a tune going to Detroit. At one point all they had was 91. As long as you stay off boost you could run 87 or less. These are low compression engines until the boost comes on.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
DBK...thanks for the advanced warning....

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Big Carrot said:
Couldn't have said it better myself!

That car in your logo looks a lot like Crockett's when it is turned off. If it was on it would be a blur.

Mar 15, 2006
Crocket's GT makes right at 600 rw hp thru the stock muffler/cats/exhaust manifolds. The pulley is 2.68 in. OD and makes about 16 psi boost on 93 octane fuel. For CA 91 octane gas we pull some timing out and add back some fuel. Its about a 10 hp loss by doing this but that can easily be gotten back by upgrading the muffler.

Last edited:

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Silverbullitt said:
That car in your logo looks a lot like Crockett's when it is turned off. If it was on it would be a blur.

HAHA!!! You got that right!

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
where is hennessey located ??
and if you don't mind, how much did it run
i was going a different tune route, but yours sounds like a winner !

sam
#1451-----------red/white
#3 extreme------red

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I'd be VERY careful sending my car to an out of state tuner. This one, in particular, has a checkered history. To be fair, some love him, I think more hate him. See Autoweek article, use the search function over at www.viperclub.org.

I have no first hand experience with Hennessey, but I did with another infamous Texas "tuner"... Sorry, but I'd never send my car anywhere again or buy anything from a tuner with a less than impecable record. Fortunately there are several excellent options available to us at the same or better price point.

My strong suspicion is the level of satisfaction is stongly correlated with proximity to Dallas.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I'm lucky I have a local Ford dealer that knows how to tune blown SVT motors. They told me that they could duplicate Hennessy's setup for five to eight thousnad. I also know them and they are big enough to sue if something went south in the deal.

I would also think about contacting Kenne Bell. they have a new 2.8 blower that is getting ready to hit the market for the GT.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Sam is yours still in Detroit? If so just send it over to the GT GUYS..they can do the upgrade and turn..they did it on Bony's.

matt

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Big Carrot said:
I handed my car over to Hennessey a couple of weeks ago for the GT700 package, which basically consists of a pulley, tune, maf recalibrator, filters, etc. This car went from fun to AWESOME! I can't believe how much difference it actually makes! I loved the car in stock form, but I always felt like it was lacking a little power, so this was just what the doctor ordered! They took great care of the car, and it runs just like stock until you mash the throttle! I am very impressed with the results!!

What is it putting out at the wheels? Sounds like around 640?

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
samthejeepman said:
where is hennessey located ??
and if you don't mind, how much did it run
i was going a different tune route, but yours sounds like a winner !

sam
#1451-----------red/white
#3 extreme------red

Hennessey is in Houston. I'd rather you call him on the exact pricing. I took mine down there, but I think he's $9,500 INCLUDING shipping your car both ways for the package that I got. It's a little more if you want to do the exhaust. He definitely knows his shit, and his shop is very nice! It's packed full of millions of dollars in cars!

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
dozzoja said:
I'd be VERY careful sending my car to an out of state tuner. This one, in particular, has a checkered history. To be fair, some love him, I think more hate him. See Autoweek article, use the search function over at www.viperclub.org.

I have no first hand experience with Hennessey, but I did with another infamous Texas "tuner"... Sorry, but I'd never send my car anywhere again or buy anything from a tuner with a less than impecable record. Fortunately there are several excellent options available to us at the same or better price point.

My strong suspicion is the level of satisfaction is stongly correlated with proximity to Dallas.

Eh, he had a rough patch several years ago, but he has had no problems since. His cars have been on the covers of all the major magazines multiple times, and he usually wins the shootouts. He's been around the performance game for a LONG time now. He ships cars in from all over the world, so I don't think it has anything to do with proximity. They are very meticulous, and he backs up anything that he does to your car. That means a lot to me. I'm certainly not trusting my $170,000 car to some fly by night Mustang shop so I can save a grand or two!!

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
lamboman said:
What is it putting out at the wheels? Sounds like around 640?

It did right around 600 at the wheels, but it was severely heat soaked. The dyno computer was giving them problems, so he set up a new computer just to dyno my car. I don't have exhaust or anything, so they guessed it would do 620 or so when cool.