Hennesey TT GT - Incredible!

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Well, I swung by John Hennesey's shop today to visit with him a bit about various options for my virtually stock GT (only SCT flash tuner and K&Ns so far for me). John had a TT GT on hand and offered me a ride in it.

First off - the kit is very tidy, workmanlike, and professionaly done.

Secondly - THE F*CKER IS VERRRRY FAST! After a rather lesiurely and docile warm-up period, with the car pulling cleanly from about 1500rpm, John found a nice piece of clear rode, put the car in 4th at about 2000rpm, and laid into the throttle. It accelerated at roughly the same rate as my Ducati 1098S, or my R1 Yamaha, pulling cleanly all the way to about 160mph, where we slowed due to traffic ahead.

These cars really can handle the extra power. I couldn't believe how smooth the delivery was and how capable the car felt (*exact opposite of my old 7-litre C5 Vette) - the GT just hooks up and goes!

John will be doing a pulley/tune on my car next week, but I'm really thinking about his TT setup for the future.

Thank you Mr. Hennessey!

:banana:banana:banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'SEE????!!! That's the pblm! If you'd stayed OUTTA that TT car - you wouldn't now be having all that "more power" stuff festering in the back of your mind! :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A better question, now that you have riden in a TT, how can you even think about just a pulley and tune? You will spend time and money for something you will not meet your new founded expectations!

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
The Rule of More has me in it's grasp! :wink

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
The Rule of More has me in it's grasp! :wink

x4 is Moore's law :banana:cheers:thumbsup