HELP! P0455 Code...

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
great post...

take this into account .............. let's see what happens here. Solid rumor has it Ford will discontinue this system by 2010! to many problems :bored

We were the test pigs and it doesn't work long term. Count the posts!......

Do I love this Car - YES!!!! Do I want to drive it - YES!!!

Do I want to deal with this code during inspections or even worse stall in an intersection or off ramp and jepordize myself or my loved one's - HELL NO!!!!

My goal - find a master tuner and remove the "test evap cntrl" loop in the ODBII cycle! :cheers and make sure my car is used for track purposes only :biggrin

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My goal - find a master tuner and remove the "test evap cntrl" loop in the ODBII cycle! :cheers and make sure my car is used for track purposes only :biggrin

Torrie should be able to help you with a tune for your off road pursuits. I am confused to why you worry about offramps when they are only exist on the public roads.

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Torrie should be able to help you with a tune for your off road pursuits. I am confused to why you worry about offramps when they are only exist on the public roads.

same as a right hand turn on the track of course :rofl and if you track ironically most of the turn are right unless you are NASCAR - and then there at 43,187 left and the rest being right for Watkins Glen and Infineon!

Last edited:

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Just stick a cork in it. :willy

JCE-GT

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2006
Mission Viejo, CA
take this into account .............. let's see what happens here. Solid rumor has it Ford will discontinue this system by 2010! to many problems :bored

We were the test pigs and it doesn't work long term. Count the posts!......

Do I love this Car - YES!!!! Do I want to drive it - YES!!!

Do I want to deal with this code during inspections or even worse stall in an intersection or off ramp and jepordize myself or my loved one's - HELL NO!!!!

I don't know the source of the "solid rumor" that was referenced, but if there is a "known issue" with Ford's now trademarked "Easy Fuel System TM", then I really cannot understand why they would be introducing it as standard equipment across the Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury product line-ups for 2009MY :confused (please see attached article address dated May 30, 2008 )

http://www.fleetfinancials.com/News...em-Helps-Environment-With-Capless-Design.aspx

I realize that there are now some FGT's that have an issue with the capless fuel system (intrroduced on our cars), but let's hope for Ford's sake and maybe ours as well that there have been improvements to this product feature, and that maybe we will be the recipients of these improvements as well. Now the only question is, can something be done to any FGT system that hasn't failed, without removing the RF fender?? :willy

JCE-GT (Tungsten -0187)

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I realize that there are now some FGT's that have an issue with the capless fuel system (intrroduced on our cars), but let's hope for Ford's sake and maybe ours as well that there have been improvements to this product feature, and that maybe we will be the recipients of these improvements as well. Now the only question is, can something be done to any FGT system that hasn't failed, without removing the RF fender?? :willy

JCE-GT (Tungsten -0187)

Agree with the logic, and untill then or as back up we have Shadowman! :cheers

Aug 25, 2006
I don't know the source of the "solid rumor" that was referenced, but if there is a "known issue" with Ford's now trademarked "Easy Fuel System TM", then I really cannot understand why they would be introducing it as standard equipment across the Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury product line-ups for 2009MY :confused (please see attached article address dated May 30, 2008 )

http://www.fleetfinancials.com/News...em-Helps-Environment-With-Capless-Design.aspx

JCE-GT (Tungsten -0187)

Sadly no

The filler neck assembly is a aluminum piece with a plastic insert pressed in position within is a very basic spring loaded flap. All it takes to destroy the assembly is one time filling your gal with a pump nozzle that has a burr on it and as it is slid into position the flap becomes scratched which will result in no sealing.

Now there are other culprits however this would rank high on my list.

Takes care

Shadowman

FYI: this part falls under the Federal emissions warranty as such it does “NOT” expire at 3 years 36K; it is covered for 7 years and or 70K miles.

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
FYI: this part falls under the Federal emissions warranty as such it does “NOT” expire at 3 years 36K; it is covered for 7 years and or 70K miles.

That is reassuring to know. However trick is finding a dealer that has taken the fender off before. I wouldn't want to be the 1st guinea pig for such a procedure.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I know Pockets was worried about the mileage limitations so, just to be clear, the federal emissions warranty is 8 years / 80,000 miles. :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I know Pockets was worried about the mileage limitations so, just to be clear, the federal emissions warranty is 8 years / 80,000 miles. :biggrin

Aaaaaaaaaaaah - SHUDDUP!