Help I am locked out of my GT

DWP

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Southern CA and Utah
CSX 2104,

Take your car up to St. George Ford to be worked on. When I was there last they had 5 GT's there. I only had an oil change done but they did a great job and were very careful and attentive with the car. They have delivered quite a few GT's, an ex ford V.P. has a winter home there and has had a few delivered through them for himself and friends. I think that it would be worth the drive if you are worried about the service in Vegas (and in my experience you are correct about Vegas service). You may end up buying all future Fords from St. George. They also have a branch just opened in Mesquite Nevada but I can not vouch for the service department there although I would think that it will be much better than Vegas.

I had a Volkswagen trailered down to Vegas for service a few months ago and it came back with the rear hatch keyed very badly. The dealership in Vegas denied that it could of happened there and would do nothing about it. The company trailering the car to them had no scratches listed during the pick up inspection but when my son picked up the car in vegas the rear hatch was covered with key scratches. In my experience "service" in Vegas is non-existant. Try St. George, it is only an hour and half drive and I think that you will be pleasantly surprized with the difference.

Dave

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
Shadowman said:
Tell me more;

When I put the key in and turn it I was able to disable the electric button or reactivate it.... however no mechanical way to open the door without the use of the electric button.

Takes care

Shadowman

Turning the key clockwise locks the doors (disables the electric buttons), turning it counter clockswise, enables the electric buttons. Turning it harder in the counter clockwise, will operate the mechanical mechanism to open the door, reguardless of the battery condition. You have to turn it firmly, but it should work.

Craig

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, what he said.

Aug 25, 2006
Craig said:
Turning the key clockwise locks the doors (disables the electric buttons), turning it counter clockswise, enables the electric buttons. Turning it harder in the counter clockwise, will operate the mechanical mechanism to open the door, reguardless of the battery condition. You have to turn it firmly, but it should work.

Craig

I love it "but it should work"

I too felt the resistance however remain reluctant to twist it as hard as it seemed to require without knowing for sure......... Who has tried it???? I prefer not to leave a portion of the key in the door.... now that would truly "make my day"

Thank you all

Shadowman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I said in my post that it worked quite easily. Remember, the doorhandle inside the car is mechanical. No broken keys.

Aug 25, 2006
fjpikul said:
I said in my post that it worked quite easily. Remember, the doorhandle inside the car is mechanical. No broken keys.

So sorry I missed that portion.................. as the result of your comment I just tried it and YES with what feels like "alot" of force the door pops open.

Thank you for the clarification

All the best

Shadowman

CSX 2104

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2006
Las Vegas
St. George is actually a very good idea. I just don't look forward to the drive up there with the fan blowing full blast in my face through the upper and lower defrosters and would probably have to leave it there requiring someone to follow me up there.

I called the GT hotline three times today and never did get a chance to speak with a human being. Each time I had to leave a message and never received a call back. Exactly what I expected form Ford an answering machine.

Quite frankly I am surprised their answering machine even worked?
That in and of itself is quite an accomplishment for Ford.

For 150K what did I expect? To speak with a live person? Naaah......

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
CSX 2104 said:
St. George is actually a very good idea. I just don't look forward to the drive up there with the fan blowing full blast in my face through the upper and lower defrosters and would probably have to leave it there requiring someone to follow me up there.

I called the GT hotline three times today and never did get a chance to speak with a human being. Each time I had to leave a message and never received a call back. Exactly what I expected form Ford an answering machine.

Ford Motor Company employees had the day off due to "Veterans Day"

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
CSX 2104 said:

I agree with you, your expectations are not being met, sell the pos and move on.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Okay, just to rehash and clarify this one more time...

battery on my car completely discharged over the past week or so. Not sure why, I had the rear hatch open for a few days, but I also had my new SCT tuner plugged into the OBDII port, but it was powered down...

Either way, went out to go for a drive this afternoon and nada... doors won't open, no sign of life. Tried the key to open the door, but was afraid to twist too hard.

Pulled the liner, put a charger on the battery and got the door open, tried the key as suggested in this thread, and counter clockwise will open the door mechanism, manually. Tired it several times (with the door open and manually resetting the latch) and it worked perfectly.

Still love the GT, and sorry to hear of all the service horror stories. Ford obviously did not have a good, long range, service plan in place when they released this vehicle. Thank goodness mine has not required anything I couldn't do myself.

mardyn