HELP!! Did any one in FLORIDA WRECK A BLACK GT

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
I am bidding on a black GT for my little Brother who is in love with the GT, but short on money. The car is in Florida, but I can not tell if the car is really wrecked (meaning more than $25,000 in damage) or not so wrecked. Is any one in the Miami area and know ANYTHING about this car. It is Black all optioned car. If you know anything PLEASE send me a PM tonight. The auction is over tommorrow.

It is not going to be a steal, but would be fun to mess with and be a good car for him. It has a savaged title, but it does not matter to him.

THANKS BEFORE HAND
joe

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I wouldn't rely on anyone. I would fly out to see it. Also, I wouldn't touch it for more than $100K, if at all. The GT requires expertise to fix, and most shops can't do it properly. I think it is a risky proposition.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I am bidding on a black GT for my little Brother who is in love with the GT, but short on money. The car is in Florida, but I can not tell if the car is really wrecked (meaning more than $25,000 in damage) or not so wrecked. Is any one in the Miami area and know ANYTHING about this car. It is Black all optioned car. If you know anything PLEASE send me a PM tonight. The auction is over tommorrow.

It is not going to be a steal, but would be fun to mess with and be a good car for him. It has a savaged title, but it does not matter to him.

THANKS BEFORE HAND
joe

Don't know, but my guess is that if you have a salvage title on a 160K car, you got more than 25K in damage.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Don't know, but my guess is that if you have a salvage title on a 160K car, you got more than 25K in damage.

for sure... way more.

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
Probably, but I have been to insurance auctions and picked up cars with less than 20% worth of damage before. Mainly because insurance companies dont want to deal with the liability or responsiblity of a sale.

joe

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Consider that future buyers may be discouraged, if he ever needs the money and decides that he wants to sell it.

I wouldn't touch it, but that's just me.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
My GT was in for service and I saw a black GT in the shop. The front end hit a pole and caused 27K of damage. Does this GT belong to someone on this forum? It seemed like minor damage and was driven to the dealer. It won't take too much to get into the range of a salvage title.

Attachments

• Wrecked parts.jpg
    Wrecked parts.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 440
  • Wreck.jpg
    Wreck.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 434

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Its hit pretty good and I suspect its got frame damage. Its probably going to do over $100k though...

BTW the repair estimate was for $117k.

Attachments

• 12182496_1X.JPG
    12182496_1X.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 493
  • 12182496_2X.JPG
    12182496_2X.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 477
  • 12182496_3X.JPG
    12182496_3X.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 599
  • 12182496_7X.JPG
    12182496_7X.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 456
  • 12182496_8X.JPG
    12182496_8X.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 492

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I bet the clamshell alone is 25-30K. The car will be bid up for the parts. If you could swing two wrecks most cars are hit in the front. Pull the parts from the most damaged ones and ebay the remaining parts. I have been thinking about doing this to build a car for heavy mods.

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
Abolfaz How and where did you find all that info out? I have been trying to locate any info for two days. Did you see the car? I am not looking for a parts car really want to help fix and give to Brother. Thanks again to all...

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
As a semi retired auto wholesaler I can say that without question not to buy the car. The GT is a very special build and very few if any can rebuild her as good as new. The salvage title is a dead giveway and no one will want to buy the car from you when you are ready for resale. Remember, all factory warrantees do not apply to salvaged titled cars. You are on your own. To my knowledge a $160K car must have considerable damage to be titled salvage, not just $25K. Insurance companies are not willing to take such a big hit.

Buy something else.

Leon

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
run forest, run:eek :eek :ack :eek :eek

nz05gt

GT Owner
Apr 28, 2006
taupo new zealand
run forest, run:eek :eek :ack :eek :eek

come on Bony
where is your spirit of adventure,every thing is repairable,In saying that it would be advisable to turn it into a race car rather than back to a road car,
Remember my one started out worse than this one,JKGT good luck in your pursuit for your brother.:cheers
Neil
PS there are some pic's of my one being rebuilt in the photo gallery

funat50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 1, 2006
Greensboro NC - IOP, SC
Need parts

If anyone on this forum buys the car or knows where it winds up I would be interested in buying some extra parts as spares. I need a front right wheel as mine is rashed.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
There is no way that car will sell for parts. Its either going to get a new right rear suspension and have the remaining parts bolted back on and go to ebay or someones going to repair it. More than likely it runs and drives the way it is.

Don't expect it to sell for less than $100k at auction.

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
sold for $67,900.... atleast that is what ridesafely.com says. I was bidding and had the top bid of $62,500 at the time it was suppose to close and they extended it 30 min and i went up to $66,500. Then server went really slow and I lost time to bid. Does any one know any more.... (abolfaz anything?)

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I know your brother loves the GT but for 66K, you can get him a brand new , still wrapped in plastic GT500 Shelby and even with a mark up, he will have another 10K to blow in Vegas on a wild weekend.........

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
sold for $67,900.... atleast that is what ridesafely.com says. I was bidding and had the top bid of $62,500 at the time it was suppose to close and they extended it 30 min and i went up to $66,500. Then server went really slow and I lost time to bid. Does any one know any more.... (abolfaz anything?)

Where were you bidding? I was bidding at the insurance auction and there was no extention at all, sold within 2 minutes.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
I know your brother loves the GT but for 66K, you can get him a brand new , still wrapped in plastic GT500 Shelby and even with a mark up, he will have another 10K to blow in Vegas on a wild weekend.........

A Saleen Extreme would be a better choice for a few grrr more. 7,000+ units of the Shelby GT 500 vs. 150 units of the Saleen extreme. When we were there I was told they would wrap one up for me for $75m. We drove the one there and it was a lot of fun. I think a few were sold that day. The GT 500's supposedly push pretty badly due to the extra weight in the front and not as good suspension.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
here is a nother salvage. Looks like roof caved in.

https://www.iaai-bid.com/aucsearchbyveh.aspx?newsearch=true