Hello from the UK

AndrewD

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2014
I just bought the tungsten FGT that gt101 (David) had for sale. It has all the options plus small pulley (620hp) and accufab exhaust. What a superb machine! The sound it makes is intoxicating. And the reaction you get from otherwise jaded folks you meet in the street is so refreshing. I am in love! :)

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congratulations Andrew. What a collection. Welcome.

Vince H

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Welcome and congratulations.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Nice !
Where do you find roads wide enough to drive it?
I am always amazed when I go over how narrow the roads are where my wife is from in the midlands

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Andrew, congrats!! Welcome to the community.

Ed

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Congratulations. I am a former Londoner and Devoner, but have lived in California the majority of my life. Welcome!!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I just bought the tungsten FGT that gt101 (David) had for sale. It has all the options plus small pulley (620hp) and accufab exhaust. What a superb machine! The sound it makes is intoxicating. And the reaction you get from otherwise jaded folks you meet in the street is so refreshing. I am in love! :)

Welcome aboard! Curious if you wouldn't mind sharing your driving observations of the GT and your Countach.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Congratulations. I am a former Londoner and Devoner, but have lived in California the majority of my life. Welcome!!

London & Northwood, Middlesex here

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Enjoy the new ride….you'll never get "used to" all the attention.

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Hi Andy,

That's great, well done - whereabouts in the UK are you? I am in NW Kent

AndrewD

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2014
Thank you for the warm welcome guys.

I'm based in central London and also on the coast in Suffolk, which is where the car lives. It is actually narrower than my wife's Range rover, I checked before I bought. So far it is fine on the country roads. In fact, it is more than fine, it has defied my expectations, it actually "does" corners! Nice balance.

I am not sure how it compares to the Countach, I just bought the Lambo, it is as-new and I had a fantastic adventure buying it abroad with Valentino Balboni as my guide (but that's a whole new story). Soon I will be able to say how they compare.

Seems there are a few of you living out a dream of mine by being in California, I am jealous!

Anyway, the weekend and the FGT beckon :)

AndrewD

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2014
Hi Andy,

That's great, well done - whereabouts in the UK are you? I am in NW Kent

Mal, I don't suppose it was your Heritage I saw at David's the other week was it? Can't be that many. Looked fabulous

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome Aboard Andrew. It's easy to see you have numerous vehicles to drive, stare at and enjoy. Here's hoping you enjoy your new addition to your collection and drive safely. You'll be hooked on the Ford GT after driving it.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard, Andrew - :thumbsup

Have you thought about joining us this year for the Ford GT National Rally IX in Las Vegas, Nevada, in October?

mal

Heritage GT Owner
Nov 23, 2012
London/Kent, UK
Mal, I don't suppose it was your Heritage I saw at David's the other week was it? Can't be that many. Looked fabulous

Probably, I picked it up from him last Friday before taking it to The Supercar Event at Dunsfold.