CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Just in case you missed it, check it out:

http://www.catsexotics.com/inventory-detail.php?key=220

Also a neat vid of it in action:

http://www.heffnersperformance.com/videos/2006/ttgtfullvideo.wmv

More press coming in the November issue of Car & Driver.

Time for a new project. Once they're done, I'm done. It is one bad ass car no doubt and I'll miss it but I'll still be around.

Thanks for looking. Please feel free to pm me here or email chadw@harmar.com .

Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
When the MSRP is 151K then 190K sound a bit optimistic for your GTTT with 15000 miles on the clock...

What the price of the TT kit??

And I do believe there is a Topic called "GT's for sale" :slap

Last edited:

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I thought it was 1500 miles, not 15K.
It's an 2006, so Sticker was $166K with all options as listed.
They are selling the kit for $35K, so it looks like he is losing $10K plus the sales tax he paid for when buying it.
I am sure Heff probably gave him a deal for being the test mule, but it really is not a bad deal if you are in the market for one with a TT. Good luck Chad!

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
Truth be told, most aftermarket stuff does not add much to the retail price when it comes to selling it. I wish it weren't the case, but having been in the tuning business in the past, my experience confirms this. However, if you find the right buyer, a very small subset of the total potential buyers out there, then you can get most of the $$ you put into it. Unfortunately, this is only about 1% of the total potential buyers.

Good luck with the sale. Sounds like quite a beast indeed.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Chad, I know Wayne has offered to trade his Gallardo TT for a stock Gallardo + some cash, are you interested in doing a similar deal for the GT?

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Sorry to have neglected this thread but the car is sold.

I agree that mods do not normally translate to a higher selling price but Heffner cars historically keep their value. They are well-rounded, well-designed cars rather than merely bolt on mods and, therefore, command a premium.

You can read all about it in the November Car and Driver magazine where it was the quickest car ever tested from 0-150mph. :banana

I had a great time with the car and so will the new owner. I am trying to get him to show up at the rally as I'm sure he'll have a blast and there are some others that want to see the car.

I'll be around. Thanks for all the well wishes. :cheers

Chad

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Where is the car going to live?

GARY J

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2006
SP_Weazel said:
The way I see it, unless you're a celebrity, modifications to your vehicle will not help the resale value increase dramtically. Some cases mods do help, but 90% of the time, they don't. Good luck on your next project!

-Mark

When it comes to a Heffner car, I have to disagree.

Signed,
Someone who has now sold two Heffner cars with minimal loss.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Car is off to TX next week and will not see the Rally. You guys have a blast.

Who invited the Lambo Weazel? :cheers

If you are going to modify your car for increased performance, total cost of ownership should be a priority and Heffner cars hold their value extremely well.

I'll be sure to send the new guy over here.

SP_Weazel

Jul 17, 2006
CHAD said:
Car is off to TX next week and will not see the Rally. You guys have a blast.

Who invited the Lambo Weazel? :cheers

If you are going to modify your car for increased performance, total cost of ownership should be a priority and Heffner cars hold their value extremely well.

I'll be sure to send the new guy over here.

I just want to be part of the :club

GARY J

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2006
I got $85k for a 96 GTS w/20k miles. My 03 SRT recently went for $110k. Chad's car just sold for what he was asking.

Your assessment was wrong.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Everyone thinks they know everything, I know I do and everyone knows very little, I know I do.. So Men...... lets all just get along. Enjoyed the thread and all its banter :cheers